A.P.C.

jeepster

Guess I'm going to pull the trigger later.

My waist above my belly-button ("true" waist, I guess) is 29. Where I wear my jeans is about 30-31. So a 26PS is good? Or should I go 25? 5'10, 130lbs (sometimes 130) for reference.

I know people are sick of these questions but I just want to make sure. Obviously I'd post fit pics once I got my pair.

My measurements are almost exactly the same as yours (one inch shorter, same weight, probably even narrower true waist), and I wear NS 27, for what it's worth. Sized down as much as I could, too, so I'm not sure how you can even consider PS 25.

I wasn't really considering 25, just throwing it out there for suggestions. So a 26 would be fine...snug, but will stretch? It's basically the low rise that's messing with my head a little, it makes me think I shouldn't size down to a 26 but then I hear "no, it's the same as NS". I mean, a size 26 measures 28, and it'll by all accounts stretch to 30", no?

I think I'll go 27 actually. Just measured a pair of fully stretched, low rise raws and they're about 15.5" (so 31). My true waist being about a 29, I guess mathematically that means the 27 is the way to go. I just could have sworn I tried on a 28 (maybe it was 29) NS a year or so ago and it wasn't really tight.

Boy, just really lanky.

oh well I'm a girl and I'm 5'10 and 130ish and the 26's were perfect for me.

Funny you mention that cause I've complained before about the calves being too tight on NC, and unfortunately they don't really stretch out at all. My advice would be to get a pair of PS, (indigo, not sure about the black). They have about an extra 1-1.5cm width throughout throughout the leg so they don't strangle your calves.

aw well that's a shame that they don't stretch at the calves. but i suppose it doesn't look too bad

Yea, they are right especially in the calves and quads.. and also in my junkis..

dude - you've gotta buy them tight.. cos they'll stretch out. didnt you read the thread? apcs stretch like mad

^ idk - was it? lol generally you have to size down like.. 2 for new standards. or 3..

so try on one that fits you brand new, then go 2 more sizes smaller. if you do anything in a pair that fits you brand new, they will be too big after a while. lol

I wasn't really considering 25, just throwing it out there for suggestions. So a 26 would be fine...snug, but will stretch? It's basically the low rise that's messing with my head a little, it makes me think I shouldn't size down to a 26 but then I hear "no, it's the same as NS". I mean, a size 26 measures 28, and it'll by all accounts stretch to 30", no?

I think I'll go 27 actually. Just measured a pair of fully stretched, low rise raws and they're about 15.5" (so 31). My true waist being about a 29, I guess mathematically that means the 27 is the way to go. I just could have sworn I tried on a 28 (maybe it was 29) NS a year or so ago and it wasn't really tight.

I think you should go for 26. I am ~5'11/125lbs, and nc size 26 fits me ok, I could've sized one more down I think o_O

It's the discrepancies between vanity and true waist and all that garbage that really confuses me. I'm a 29.25 true waist (above belly button). A tagged PS size 26 measures 28. But I assume that will be the size I need because of the stretching. I wear my jeans low without really sagging far off my ass, where they sit it's about 30-31”. Would a 26 stretch enough for that, meaning from 28' to 30/31'? I was leaning towards 26, but I'm just worried my thighs are going to go numb and that I'll no longer be able to reproduce.

As you can tell, I have chronic indecision about pretty inconsequential things. Anyways, I'm buying a pair tomorrow morning so I'll stop nagging the thread now.

im a 28" true waist and i got a pair of NS in sz 27

i shouldve sized down to 26 as now they measure 29" and ive got too much room left in the waist.

EDIT.

since youre a 29, go for the 27.

but you could always make sure and try on a pair from a store

Shit, I've been trying to find new cures in sz25 for a week or two w/ absolutely no luck. I was reading this thread, went back like 10 or so pages and someone mentioned that you have to go to women's jeans to get new cures in a size smaller than 28. Finally found them :)

Guest crazy4kix

when i bought my apc's i thought it meant size down two from your waist size, but i should've bought two sizes down from the tagged size. mine are super baggy now

It's the discrepancies between vanity and true waist and all that garbage that really confuses me. I'm a 29.25 true waist (above belly button). A tagged PS size 26 measures 28. But I assume that will be the size I need because of the stretching. I wear my jeans low without really sagging far off my ass, where they sit it's about 30-31â€. Would a 26 stretch enough for that, meaning from 28' to 30/31'? I was leaning towards 26, but I'm just worried my thighs are going to go numb and that I'll no longer be able to reproduce.

As you can tell, I have chronic indecision about pretty inconsequential things. Anyways, I'm buying a pair tomorrow morning so I'll stop nagging the thread now.

my size 27 NS stretched out to 30.5" after about a month of wear

do you guys wear belt? I remember someone saying keep your belt on to prevent from stretching too much?

I got my first pair of APC NC. I usually wear from 31-32 and ended up buying 31 NC from Tobi since they didn't have 30. I might regret that I didn't buy it smaller but I wanted to have something not too tight... We'll just have to wait and see.

I have Nudie RRLS in 31 and fits perfect. Hopefully NC31 will work out.

If you don't want them falling off your ass in a week or so, yes. You didn't size down at all, since 28 = 30 in vanity sizing. Which means they'll be 31+ after stretching; in other words, too big. Size down until you can't button up the top button if you want them to actually fit in the end.

jzhang, those look pretty loose. i sized down 2 to 30 on mine and i think they are still a bit too baggy. You should definately size down. I got mine hemmed recently and they look slimmer cos all of the extra fabric that was bunched around the ankles and knees is gone cos of how the leg falls so maybe you should consider hemming.

^ not really. If you dry clean them you'll get more contrast, and lose less indigo. If you hand wash them you'll overall lose more indigo but overall they'll look more faded