Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't look tight at all Cali. Infact it looks like you could have probably sized down one. You need to give it some time for stretch. From my experience japanese brands take a lil more time to stretch. These are suppose to be slim, if you want a more relaxed fit i think the better option is to get the 003 rather than sizing up on the 005.

I don't think we will be seeing pics of worn black 005s anytime soon. They don't seem to loose colour! Even the hardcore wearers will find it a challenge to break them in.

Thats funny you say size down one, I had a pair of 29s that I wore for a few hours that left bruises on my hips. Those were wayyyy too tight.

Is it common to lose .75" at the knee and hem with a wash, seems like a lot to me?

My Sams still measure 8.5 at the hem, which is the pre-wash measurement.

I was reading this thread and came across people saying that it doesn't. I'm too lazy to go through the 33 pages again to find it. So it does now?!

why don't u send them an email and ask. i'm pretty sure they do, by the way.

I think I am about to get a pair of xx-005. It looks sweet on you guys. But I am not sure if i could pull it off. I like my jeans pretty skinny. Could someone maybe compare them to thin finns? Are these jeans for people who like the fit of Julian Red Cali’s or Hobokens?

• 4 weeks later...
Well, long story short, I got fish oil all over my pants. any suggestions as to how I should wash them? they're at about 1 month.

Fels Naptha. Or any other old school bar soap for handwashing. Get them wet, scrub with fels naptha or other soap, leave for a few hours, machine wash without any detergent.

I think I am about to get a pair of xx-005. It looks sweet on you guys. But I am not sure if i could pull it off. I like my jeans pretty skinny. Could someone maybe compare them to thin finns? Are these jeans for people who like the fit of Julian Red Cali’s or Hobokens?

They are nothing like fins. Much lower rise and obviously not as tight. Here is a pic of mine which I think are pretty tight and they are unwashed and unsoaked so they would be tighter again if you did soak. For reference I wear 28 in both fins at PBJ and the later are MUCH tighter in the waist.. extremely so.

edit: i dont know if you can tell in the pic but they are skin tight on the calves and almost skin tight on this thighs.

CIMG0832-1.jpg

I've read through quite a lot of this thread in trying to work out sizing and stuff, so am I right in thinking that if I get raw I should go for my true size if i'm not going to soak them and maybe size up if I do want to soak them? Because the waists seem to shrink down really small?

They are nothing like fins. Much lower rise and obviously not as tight. Here is a pic of mine which I think are pretty tight and they are unwashed and unsoaked so they would be tighter again if you did soak. For reference I wear 28 in both fins at PBJ and the later are MUCH tighter in the waist.. extremely so.

edit: i dont know if you can tell in the pic but they are skin tight on the calves and almost skin tight on this thighs.

CIMG0832-1.jpg

Thanks homme. Just got a pair of the XX-005blks and the fit is sweet. I think they’re my favourite pair of denim right now. Not too tight but very slim. Any idea if the fits are different between the blacks and the indigo's? I think the fit is better than the skulls. I’ll try and post a pic.

Negative. 1, you should soak them. 2, most definately size down 1. they will shrink down, but then they will stretch out to larger than tagged size. at least from my experience.

I really don't advise sizing down with PBJ's jeans. They are a real snug fit going true to size, in my experience with both the 005s and the AIs.

I really don't advise sizing down with PBJ's jeans. They are a real snug fit going true to size, in my experience with both the 005s and the AIs.

+1

definately don't size down in these, unless you want denim leggings or have chicken legs. mine were true to size and were way too tight after wash.

How long have you worn yours for? I found that mine stretched out a little bigger than tagged after some wear.

If you're bigger than the jeans, they'll stretch where necessary. I strongly suggest not sizing down though, because I think the stretching from excessive downsizing will facilitate breaks in the denim later.

It probably depends on your build, though. I have thick thighs from years of soccer, so I think I'd have benefitted from getting my regular size. Skinnier dudes could better get away with going down a size, I suppose.

question... any other PBJs aside from XX-005 come in black? trying to figure out what jeans i bought @ BiG...

question #2after i do a hot soak, will the jeans still be as stubby? i know eventually its gonna soften up and everything... but i kinda like the potato sack feel to it...

question... any other PBJs aside from XX-005 come in black? trying to figure out what jeans i bought @ BiG...

question #2after i do a hot soak, will the jeans still be as stubby? i know eventually its gonna soften up and everything... but i kinda like the potato sack feel to it...

I think the answer to question #1 is, no.

Question 2 is definitely no. They're just as irregular and fun, but the stiffness drops off after a soak. Before soaking, mine cut the backs of my knees when I went for bike rides, after soaking they did not.