Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

I'm not an artist, but as for the jimmyc tshirt oder the contest in general: how about a mon?

Mon (紋?), also monshō (紋章?), mondokoro (紋所?), and kamon (家紋?), are Japanese emblems used to decorate and identify an individual or family. While mon is an encompassing term that may refer to any such device, kamon and mondokoro refer specifically to emblems used to identify a family.
It is thought that mon originated as fabric patterns to be used on clothes in order to distinguish individuals or signify membership in a specific clan or organization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mon_(emblem)

Maybe not a traditional one, but maybe someone talented can do something in that style...

Bracelet:

1 kayodic

2 max power

3 beautiful_FrEaK

4 deadendpro

5 BlueOctoberFan

6 Joelz

7 TheNorthern

8 TihnFinn

9 Ruprecht

10 aho

11 daynym

Belt:

Both:

1 Bokkepoot

2 louisbosco

None of the above:

1 abstraktgeformt

once you guys sorted out all the contestants and members and whatnot - DoubleXX will gladly work on a cool design for the contest t...

with double xx onboard, now that's wayyyy cool! will be glad to see a design from there too!

and on the side note. hollows, how thick can you go with a belt you make? i mean would it be a real heavyweight belt?

My heavy belt leather is 14oz, which is about 6mm...but it seems unlikely that a belt (let alone a crazy-thick belt) is going to be the item chosen.

Also, Mike just announced that he's working on a new group buy over in the belts thread, which is sure to be some kind of ultra-thick artisan awesomeness. You might want to look into getting in on that.

I think I'm going to be in the same boat as Robbie.... Unless the price drops in the mid 2's.... so if not, I bow out and offer my spot to a 34 inch back up...

i don't think you can get a decent pair of japense denim made in japan, for less then 300 dollars these days so to expect samurai's for mid 200's is a bit of a joke to be honest, anyways look forward to this as i wear my s0500 somedays and love this texas cotton

Always wanted to try Hollows leather, but it is kinda of funny since we can make ourselves :D

Now is a good reason, and always a big fan for Hollows! For your contribution and willingness to share, me and Scasi will get one each.

Be assured that I will switch to wearing Hollows bracelet instead of Obbi Good Label throughout the contest ;)

Bracelet:

1 kayodic

2 max power

3 beautiful_FrEaK

4 deadendpro

5 BlueOctoberFan

6 Joelz

7 TheNorthern

8 TihnFinn

9 Ruprecht

10 aho

11 daynym

12 Obbigood

13 Scasi

Belt:

Both:

1 Bokkepoot

2 louisbosco

3 Clochard

it looks as if the people have spoken.. bracelet it is ?

don't go by the number you have now in the official list as this might change when everythings work out the way we are trying :)

b_F, what does this mean ?

once you guys sorted out all the contestants and members and whatnot - DoubleXX will gladly work on a cool design for the contest t...

i'm excited to see this disign, and of course will purchase one !