Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

It's you decision lax if you want to give your spot to cheap. :)

Still deciding if I want to give my spot up. If no one drops out, and I have enough money by the time we need the jeans I am going to stay in the contest, but if not my spot is all his.

I am totally with abstraktgeformt on this subject. just think of christmas, you want to wear them jeans afterwards, right?

Of course, the 34's fit is "better", as it's less loose, but I am sure that a hot soak will fix that. And you will get a different range of cuts / sizes.

You know what you can have my position. Now that I think about it I have 2 pairs of jeans waiting to be worn. Also I would rather save up for a new lens than have another pair of jeans. So fap/cheap, if you want my position it's all yours.

yeah Jacob, I can switch your position with cheap's and you would still have a chance to join. and it's really generous of you!

welcome on baord cheap! now you get a second chance to win this ;)

well...I'll hear some more opinions and will make my decision on friday :)

how many samurai contests are actually going on around the world at the moment? :P i really like the special edition they did for the indonesian forum (darahkubiru) contest: zero denim for the first time in 710 cut, quirky nerdy choice of thread colours (alternate yellow/orange on the belt loops!, subtle navy on the inseam and hem), red tab with upside down A on coin pocket, red and white pocketbags (the colour of the indonesian flag), supercute!

what kills me is that i didnt get a pair :D

how many samurai contests are actually going on around the world at the moment? :P i really like the special edition they did for the indonesian forum (darahkubiru) contest: zero denim for the first time in 710 cut, quirky nerdy choice of thread colours (alternate yellow/orange on the belt loops!, subtle navy on the inseam and hem), red tab with upside down A on coin pocket, red and white pocketbags (the colour of the indonesian flag), supercute!

what kills me is that i didnt get a pair :D

Wrong thread

and your forgot the stealth/fading arcs ;)

but that contest is limited to Indonesia. this one is free for every country! and planned as an homage to the original contest from 2006.

nevertheless, when will you contest start? wasn't it planned for May?

i heard that maybe theyll start at september

wow. i'm gone for a day and this thread has jumped 6 pages. damn you guys are amazing.

anyway whatever the price is, i think it's just amazing to be in this contest. i'm sure max and b_F already has things planned out way ahead.

JUST SO WAITING FOR THIS CONTEST TO START! :D

damn...still deciding if I should go for size 34

or if I should go with size 35

Wear the 34s you already have. That way you save money and get a little headstart on everyone else. No-one will know and besides there has to be some benefit to being the (co-)organizer of the competition ;)

If the jeans are going to hit 325 ish I'm probably going to have to bow out...

looks like it will be the same for me!...but maybe the new denim doesn`t fit (which hides at customs atm!) and then things can look totally different again :)

so yeah...only time can tell!...

Wear the 34s you already have. That way you save money and get a little headstart on everyone else. No-one will know and besides there has to be some benefit to being the (co-)organizer of the competition ;)

I would know and kick his ass ;) But, Mr. Freak only needs an excuse to get a new Lot of Samurais, or do you think he suffers from buying a new pair? This is what keeps him going...

^^ +1

Like I said earlier, it is totally understandable, that 300+ $ are nothing you can spend in a second, but you also shouldn't expect huge discounts in a contest. We just try to give you a fair (and maybe really good) deal and the opportunity to join us, but it's impossible to change the prices that much.

As promised, some pics. The close-ups you will see below are from my Lot.12 S0510XX. I wore the pair the last 2 days and I have to say, that I "learned" to love the less irregular denim on it. Of course the Lot.11 is more "exciting" and you are forced to touch it every second. But the Lot.12 has also a very nice feel to it.

P1030569.jpg

P1030570.jpg

Still a hairy bitch

P1030571.jpg

And that are those bumps the Lot.11 is full of. Lot.12 only has some of it

P1030573.jpg

P1030574.jpg

And such irregularities

P1030575.jpg