Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

Had to soak these again yesterday because the smell was getting way too bad after a 5 hour skate session on Wednesday.

Had them for about 1.5-2 months. Worn at least 3 times a week. Sorry for crappy pics.

Pre-soak

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06079.jpg

Post-soak

DSC06080.jpg

DSC06081.jpg

I'll post fit pics later if time permits.

Edit: Here's a fit pic.

DSC06087.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
has anybody had any experience with the levis stf denim jackets? I was thinking about picking one up from them for the fall, but if all the color just washes out after the soak and the denim gets soft I'll pass...

the most recent(within last 6 months) stfs i bought remained really crispy after the first hot soak. they're still really crispy and plenty dark. I haven't worn em much so I havent washed yet, so I cant speak of that.

So i'm thinkin bout tryin one of the shrink to fit jackets...

although I think its kinda silly to make a type 3 jacket, a jacket that was never shrink to fit to begin with, out of shrink to fit denim.

just got my pair of khaki STF's in. They are soaking now. I'm a little disappointed, I couldn't get the size I wanted (31x36) because it seemed like they only made them up to 31x32 which is too short in the inseam. I looked and looked and nobody ever had the longer size. So i went with the 32x36 instead. I plan on experimenting with these - I want to get them tailored to take some room out of the leg. I saw it on another forum and the results looked pretty good. Maybe they can even reduce the waist...

the most recent(within last 6 months) stfs i bought remained really crispy after the first hot soak. they're still really crispy and plenty dark. I haven't worn em much so I havent washed yet, so I cant speak of that.

So i'm thinkin bout tryin one of the shrink to fit jackets...

although I think its kinda silly to make a type 3 jacket, a jacket that was never shrink to fit to begin with, out of shrink to fit denim.

why is this season's STF trucker jacket 'oversized'? is it because it's STF?

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't really size down as I'm normally 27~28 (29 in some Dior: 17.5cm) & from my knowledge smallest size is 28... NO?

But I kinda regret getting 32 inseam as opposed to 34 (I like em bit long). I had to stretch them while they were still wet when I soaked em last week to prevent shrinking.

Guest sneekylyric078

i have a pair of khaki stf hot soaking right now. I went true to size on the waist 32 and just a bit longer on the inseam 34. I have pair of indigo stf i've worn a bit less than a year with two washes, 32/32, the length did shrink quite a bit, their not waders, but they hike up a lot more than I like. I also picked up a pair in the Knight rigid color, haven't decided when to start those.

I couldn't really size down as I'm normally 27~28 (29 in some Dior: 17.5cm) & from my knowledge smallest size is 28... NO?

But I kinda regret getting 32 inseam as opposed to 34 (I like em bit long). I had to stretch them while they were still wet when I soaked em last week to prevent shrinking.

i just found my love for short inseam. its just sooo og. rock it like lennon!

Just bought a pair of 30x34 khaki STF. going for round two with these guys. Its going to be SLIM for a while (sized down 1) but in my experience these pants stretch a good amount even after soaks so they will probably be comfortable after a week or so. Worth it for a pair that have an appropriate rise and leg width.

I'm hoping for no knee bags and a tighter comb structure than what most STF's see.

• 2 weeks later...

First Post!

Finally got my first pair of 'raw' denim

$33 shipped from that sale vv

Anyways here are fitpics of my 29x32 BLACK 501 STF before the soak.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x7t-KHsfsYA/Suii07ZkzFI/AAAAAAAAADk/TFTprVJDMzo/s1600-h/STF4.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_x7t-KHsfsYA/SuiirFxVSJI/AAAAAAAAADc/xNIYfFdbwx4/s1600-h/STF3.png

I soaked them in warm/hot water for 30 minutes after two days of wear and wore them dry. Knee buldge was retarded (i think wearing them dry makes knee bulge a lot worse) so after 4 days I did a 20 second knee soak in hot hot water and now they're much better. Post-soak fit pics to come!

5'7 138lbs