Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

to help set those honeycombs, spray starch or even just wet the back of the knees a bit with a spray bottle. then go walk up some stairs skipping a step. you could also just squat down so the back of the knees gets pressed together. Wear until the jeans dry. If you starched, the starch will hold the creases. If you simply wet them, STF's usually are stiff enough to hold the honeycomb creases pretty well.

I'd recommend you don't wash/rinse for as long as possible...and then wait some more. When you wet the jeans, the honeycombs are the hardest to reset and the denim will want to crease in new ways.

Anybody here working on a pair of the verde cast STF?

I've been wearing a pair for probably a month of wear so far, and they look pretty cool . Just wondering what they might turn out to look like after 5-6 months and a wash.

theres a guy working on one in the mynudies contest alongside his indigo pair..

Guest DCDenim
I have around 3 pairs of jeans at a time. Also I can't wear these at work. So whatever that comes out to be...

so...

15 months / 3 jeans

5 mo / jean

no jeans to work = half wears = 2.5 months of full wear

/ 3 washes in 2.5 months or about 1 wash every 3 weeks.

for those wondering..

Guest DCDenim
Correct, I work at a car wash and half the job is mechanical/dirty/maintenance, other half is dealing with retards. No time to go use the bathroom to wash hands every time so when its dirty/wet, wipe it goes on the five hundred and ones.

All you guys with successful office jobs listen up, the key to great fades on your five hundred and ones is to work at a car wash!

Guest DCDenim

you should buy a pair and cut it up into hundreds of patches and sell it to those who wear 501s because their 501s are always falling apart.

You'd probably make a killing.

So I was at a store looking for a beanie to kind of top off my "wheres Waldo" look for the wheres waldo scavenger hunt we were having. Anyway I am meandering around the store and they are having a sale and I see STF's on sale for 20 bucks. So here they are pre-soak. I got the Made in Mexico 501xx. The bad news is I could not find the beanie I needed. :(

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

can you return and get a size or two smaller?

I wanted to size down one, which would be a 33 but they did not have any 33's. The 32's only had really short inseams so I went with these. I am hoping a boiling soak would get these a little tighter and smaller. Any other ideas maybe I can try one of the other locations of this store to see if they have a size down.