Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

drip dry? for sure :) thanks!

i bought a tagged 28/30 that was measured to be around a 26. Smallest I could find and hopefully it'll shrink.

What should I soak these in? Is a bathtub alright or would it stain?

Thanks! :)

well right now i'm soaking mine in my bath tub and the water is DEEP DEEP blue lol. I've soaked my share of jeans before though so I know they won't stain the tub as long as you clean it right away once you're done soaking the jeans. You can also just put it in a huge pot, i've seen people do it that way as well. Good luck!

Measurements taken BiG style

No soak/wash size 29/30

3160841859_ea180baac4_o.jpg

waist 15.25

rise 12

back rise 15

thigh 12

inseam 30.25

knee 8.5

hem 8

Post HOT soak for 2 hours, drip dry

3160839163_23c5d676e7_o.jpg

waist 29

rise 11.5

back rise 14.5

thigh 11.5

inseam 28.5

knee 8.25

hem 7.5

Measurements taken BiG style

No soak/wash size 29/30

3160841859_ea180baac4_o.jpg

waist 15.25

rise 12

back rise 15

thigh 12

inseam 30.25

knee 8.5

hem 8

Post HOT soak for 2 hours, drip dry

3160839163_23c5d676e7_o.jpg

waist 29

rise 11.5

back rise 14.5

thigh 11.5

inseam 28.5

knee 8.25

hem 7.5

Are these the new 1947 inspired cut as they look slimmer than the older version? I think you can tell by a white patch sewn into the back.waistband that says 501.

warm soak for 30-45 minutes with you in the jeans.

hope this helps!

I did this and they shrink nicely. Stayed in 32 minutes. They just won't dry out all the way. Been over 8 hours and still almost too wet to wear.

Edit: I mainly wore them while shrinking b/c I was scared if I didn't I wouldn't know how far to let them shrink. Will longer times in the water of same temp make it shrink more? I could lose another inch off the legs and some in the seat area.

I did this and they shrink nicely. Stayed in 32 minutes. They just won't dry out all the way. Been over 8 hours and still almost too wet to wear.

Edit: I mainly wore them while shrinking b/c I was scared if I didn't I wouldn't know how far to let them shrink. Will longer times in the water of same temp make it shrink more? I could lose another inch off the legs and some in the seat area.

definitely. if you warm soak for 5 min, you will have less shrinkage than a 45 min soak

well secondly , the hotter the water, the more shrinkage. did u soak in warm water?? if you did, you can definitely get an inch or so shrinkage off the leg length, just put them in some hot water for about 30-45 min . thirdly , the seat area doesnt really shrink much ( if at all), its the waist that shrinks.

levis stf seat area, is a terrible fit ( its even considered anti-fit ) .

hopefully i answered your question :)

Guest DCDenim

I figured I'd read this thread, it's been getting some action..

from what I gathered, the only fit I like on this whole thread would be Lorax's fit...

methinks I'll mess with these, I'm feelin the green cast rigid ones more than the regular indigo ones.

I want a slim fit, I hate some of the fits I see here they are baggy and bulging everywhere.. so I'll size down to the max where it hurts to button them and then do a hot soak in the tub with them on, this should keep the waist stretched and the legs should slim down to a nice slimmer fit.

really feeling the green ones though... what to do?

so I'll size down to the max where it hurts to button them and then do a hot soak in the tub with them on, this should keep the waist stretched and the legs should slim down to a nice slimmer fit.

tell us about the kids you'll never have. You are no better than scotty2, saying stupid irrelevant shit.

I figured I'd read this thread, it's been getting some action..

from what I gathered, the only fit I like on this whole thread would be Lorax's fit...

methinks I'll mess with these, I'm feelin the green cast rigid ones more than the regular indigo ones.

I want a slim fit, I hate some of the fits I see here they are baggy and bulging everywhere.. so I'll size down to the max where it hurts to button them and then do a hot soak in the tub with them on, this should keep the waist stretched and the legs should slim down to a nice slimmer fit.

really feeling the green ones though... what to do?

Do this to them and you will have them skin tight. I can't post pics of mine that I did this way but lets just say it doesn't look like another person fits in them with me like the green ones I posted here.

Here's what I do…

- First check to see if your shit is sanforized.

- Then throw it in hot wash no soap.

- Then throw that shit in the top hot setting dryer and dry the mo'fo till the rivets are melting.

- Then throw that shit back into a boiling hot soak for 3 hours.

- Then line dry the bitch till that crispyness comes back.

"Magical" process is thus preserved

Someone on this forum posted that in a thread I read when searching something but I didn't save the link. It works like a charm and the jeans are soft out the dryer but once back in water and drip dry they are stiff as a board. Stiffer than the green I posted here.

DO NOT SIZE DOWN IF YOU DO THIS! I bought my tape measure waist size of 32 (not waist but hips I guess since thats where they go) and 3" more in length. I lost some in waist like this and a full 3" in length. They are much tighter than the 32 waist I just did 3h scalding hot soak with. Only size down if you plan on just doing a hot soak in a tub and drip dry. This will be my preferred method from now on.

Guest DCDenim

From mynudies

what size did you get, rayzor? they fit really well. love it! Thanks man! yeah i sized down to the tightest possible. which was a 30x34. i am 5'9" and 164 lbs. then took a bath wearing them. the were soooo tight. but after a few days of wear. they are now very loose. I am happy with how they turning out.

fit2.jpg

DCDenim~ I sized a pair down pretty far and sat in the tub with them. I know what sayocean means; my balls were in tears and I thought I was going to damn near faint. They stretched quite a bit while drying though, and continue to do so.

Repairs are inevitable, but if you do this, I would say you are pretty much on borrowed time waiting for some significant crotch rip.