Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with drying.As they are a present you shouldnt bother anyway.We all know that frequent washing without any significant wear will end in a nice lightblue pair without any contrast.I gave once a pair of barely worn LVCs to a friend,told him how to treat them right,next time I saw them again they were turned into what I wrote above...

got my dad some non selvedge stfs for his birthday. he's probably going to wash/dryer them every few days, any idea how they'll turn out? /anything wrong with drying them that regularly as long as they're inside out?

i did the same thing w/my pops. igave him nudie ralf greycasts, and some 501 stfs. they are both just washed-out. no one over 50 is gonna give any jean more than 10 wears w/o a wash.

the red tab with just the R on it is interesting.

My stfs fit like shit after i soaked them, fit fine in the waist, but it seems like there is way too much material in the seat and I'm getting hip flare. Maybe i'm just not used to the cut of them or I have a bad frame size for them.

Bought them too long, definitely need to get them hemmed.

ugh, do not like these at all.

img2197ii4.jpg

35percent, are those a 38? You don't look like it in the pic, but neither do I (or so I think).

38 is the most unfortunate size man, the pockets are so far apart. Maybe size down. It looks like you could do so quite a bit.

they're 36x40, measured 38 in the waist before soak, 36.5 after, I have a 36" waist.

In retrospect I should have gotten a 34 or 35x38. I tried them on in the store and was sort of in a rush, didnt realize how huge they were in the seat, oh well.

edit, might be a dick and try to return/exchange them.

Yeah, size down to your true waist.

Would they, after a hot wash, stretch out to the pre-wash waist? I bought some previously the way youre "supposed" to buy them ie. by tagged size, and they fit horribly. thinkin of trying to fit them a lil slimmer.

im a 36 measured waist. should i get a tagged 34?

Would they, after a hot wash, stretch out to the pre-wash waist? I bought some previously the way youre "supposed" to buy them ie. by tagged size, and they fit horribly. thinkin of trying to fit them a lil slimmer.

im a 36 measured waist. should i get a tagged 34?

They definitely seem to stretch back easily enough.

Check the true waist. My contest pair is a 38 that's actually a 39+ in the raw state. I'm sure there are plenty of 34s that measure out to a 35 or more.

One of the contestants, daftjerm, has sized down considerably. They're pretty tight on him in the raw state. Check out the thread, or pm him.

In your experiences what is the best method to shrink some STFs? Boiling them, hot drying... anything else?

what size did you end up buying? Hot tub, keep adding hot boiling water and soak for a couple hours and drip dry. Thats what I do and does the job for me. Hope that helps and good luck on your contest pair!