Samurai S5000 owners

s5000bkafactorytagqi4.th.jpg
17oz. per sq. yard after laundering

is that just one of samurai's quirks? obviously a laundered denim will be substantially heavier per yard after washing, as the cotton fibers contract... i've never heard of any other jeansmaker calling a denim, for example, "17oz." when, raw, that denim weighs less...

weird.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhhhh... so are they overdyed black? Those jeans look pretty blue for a black jean.

uhhhhh... so are they overdyed black? Those jeans look pretty blue for a black jean.

They are dark grey, but I agree that some of the photos do have a bluish tint. Took photos outdoors this evening in indirect light without flash which may have altered the color. Soaking right now and the water is pretty dark.

well, i normally wear blue jeans to work, but they didn't notice i was wearing anything new until conversation turned towards japanese jeans and i said, hey, i'm wearing my new japanese jeans now, and they oooooohed and aaaaaahed, and i explained that they can stand on their own; they were amazed that they had to be soaked...

i work in philadelphia.

the mailman came in today and said to me "here's your

japanese bong"-----it was an order from amazon (serge gainsbourg's melody nelson and giorgio moroder's from here to eternity); that was a running joke from yesterday's delivery of the samurai jeans---------it prompted a coworker to ask how my new jeans were, and i said, well, i'm wearing them NOW! etc. etc. etc.

i will place my "fit" pictures in this space, minya... [covering face with hands]

haha.

after the pbj xx-005s ($$) and the alden cordovans ($$$$$!), i REALLY shouldn't be buying another pair of jeans.... argh.... if people post more pics of the S5000BKs being worn, i might have to go deeper into debt... :(

i say just work for your jeans,come after work and help sweep and tidy the place at BIG.maybe theyll give you 50% off.hehe

uh, ron beat me to it. oh well. :(

Sorry DDML, I did not mean to steal your thunder...but when you posted that you were soaking them I decided to pull out my camera. I soaked mine in hot water, 2 hours, hang dry.

waist before 38, now 36.5

inseam before 38.25, now 36.5

front rise before 12, now 11.5

back rise before 15.5, now 14.75

knee before 10.5, now 10

hem before and after 9.75 (maybe I mismeasured the before?)

I bought my actual body size, I did not size down. Here's how they fit.

s5000bkcwearing2yv2.th.jpg

And I could not resist taking the standing alone pictures. First jeans I've ever soaked that did this.

s500bkcstandingalone2nf2.th.jpg

And some random photos after the soak.

s5000bkccollage2gk7.th.jpg

I think everyone that sized down will probably be ok. These are not tight in the waist. They were snug in the seat and thigh, but have already loosened up after 3 hours.

Well I happen to be sitting at home today waiting for someone to show up and fix my satellite system. So I have more time than I usually would to use my camera and take notes. By the way DDML, I'm glad to see that your sizing worked out. These jeans look good on you.