Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys, if I put them in boiling water, and I mean BOILING will they shrink to tagged Ise? I am planning on putting it on my stove and heating it every few hours

Edit: typos fixed

Look, set them in your bath. Weigh down with stuff. Plug the drain, or move the lever dealy. Pour a few pans of boiling water on them, fill bath with hot water. Ignore them for hours. Refill with hot water if you're really bored. You're not making stew here.

hi guys, if I put them in boiling water, and I mean BOILING will they shrink to tagged Ise? I am planning on putting it on my stove and heating it every few hours

Edit: typos fixed

I've soaked a couple pairs of jeans in boiling hot water that I poured into a big rubbermaid tub and then covered. I've also washed 5000s in a hot washing machine cycle. You're better of putting them in the washing machine because you'll get most, if not all shrinking out of the way. Once you get over being afraid of damaging your denim can you actually appreciate wearing it and not worrying about daily fade checks. Like a lot of people say, they are just jeans.

Look, set them in your bath. Weigh down with stuff. Plug the drain, or move the lever dealy. Pour a few pans of boiling water on them, fill bath with hot water. Ignore them for hours. Refill with hot water if you're really bored. You're not making stew here.

tthanks for your help

what if i didnt boil the pan itself and heated water but poured it inside the pan?

could you define proxy? smh at myself

A proxy is a person who will be the middle man in purchasing an item you want.

In this case, you want a proxy in Japan where the 5000bk's are still in stock. You can find someone in the supermarket forum who is a japan proxy. They will pick up the Sammies for you. They will buy the jeans in japan, then ship them to you.

Most proxies charged a 10%-15% commision fee. Recently some of the better proxies are getting in trouble with legal issues (not sure, but SuFu is halting their proxy service), so if you don't mind paying the commision fee, I'd advise that you ask a proxy to help you out soon.

I know thatt Parachutes just did a proxy for Dino_Might! and helped him pick out a pair of sammies. Try pm'ing one of them for help.

I want a pair of S5000BK and want them to fit around a 32 or so after shrinking/stretching. I realize they shrink and then stretch alot so I am trying to figure out if I want a 31 or 32. For what its worth, I have a pair of 30 in APC rescues, but they are a tad tight in the thighs/seat. I am 6'1, 200lbs, athletic body (smaller waist, bigger thighs) so I am not really sure what to get. Any advice?

I want a pair of S5000BK and want them to fit around a 32 or so after shrinking/stretching. I realize they shrink and then stretch alot so I am trying to figure out if I want a 31 or 32. For what its worth, I have a pair of 30 in APC rescues, but they are a tad tight in the thighs/seat. I am 6'1, 200lbs, athletic body (smaller waist, bigger thighs) so I am not really sure what to get. Any advice?

The gereral rule of thumb when it comes to these is to size down 1 or 2 just to accomodate stretching after your initial soak. They come +2 when raw so a good soak should bring them down to tagged size, but after repeated wear they will definitely stretch another inch or so. I'd say just to size down 1 to accomodate your athletic build, but pop into the small questions thread, those guys are geniuses, and will help you out with expert advice.

Is anyone else having problems with getting defined honeycombs? Mine seem like they dont stay at all and its been months! :mad:

Patience is a virtue, haha, they will come eventually. Just glance at the gallery.

Is anyone else having problems with getting defined honeycombs? Mine seem like they dont stay at all and its been months! :mad:

i don't think lack of patience is the problem. in my experience defined honeycombs usually appear after one wear (starting from one wash state). no honeycombs after months = operator error. are you ironing between wears?

My VXs are taking a while to get a decent fade along the ridges but after the first day of wear on every raw jean I own the wrinkles set in and keep folding along the same lines every time I put them on. Some ridges, like around the ankles, and those further out from the back of the leg, take longer to set in. You should still see the folds after you take the jeans off.