Samurai S5000 owners

OK, so over the weekend I soaked my 32 s5000vx's for about 5 hours in a pretty warm tub (as hot as the sink faucet would get).

Here's my deal--the waist shrunk to a 33 (started at 34) and they fit great. They are snug, but not painfully tight. I know they will stretch, but that's what I'm counting on so I can wash/soak to get them to the right fit.

The problem is I still have this dreadful looking hip flare. I seriously have this General Patton look going. I'm exagerating, but you get the idea

patton.gif

Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do? Should I hot wash/tumble dry them, hot soak/tumble dry them, or wear them a couple weeks and do either of the above, or just don't worry about it. My main concern is that if I machine wash/dry to maximum shrinkage the waist will be painfully tight, whereas it's good now.

Any help would be appreciated.

ps-I promise to post my own pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so over the weekend I soaked my 32 s5000vx's for about 5 hours in a pretty warm tub (as hot as the sink faucet would get).

Here's my deal--the waist shrunk to a 33 (started at 34) and they fit great. They are snug, but not painfully tight. I know they will stretch, but that's what I'm counting on so I can wash/soak to get them to the right fit.

The problem is I still have this dreadful looking hip flare. I seriously have this General Patton look going. I'm exagerating, but you get the idea

patton.gif

Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do? Should I hot wash/tumble dry them, hot soak/tumble dry them, or wear them a couple weeks and do either of the above, or just don't worry about it. My main concern is that if I machine wash/dry to maximum shrinkage the waist will be painfully tight, whereas it's good now.

Any help would be appreciated.

ps-I promise to post my own pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Hello, I just recently got Samurai 710 19oz in size 30, and washed them right away quite hot at 60C/140F. They shrank but I still got some extra denim in arse area, so after few days of wear I washed them as hot as my washing machine could (inspired by cheap in samurai contest -thread), near boiling 90C/194F. They shrank a bit more and as I speak I'm wearing them with broad smile on my face. After the second wash the denim got much softer (got rid of rest of the starch) too.

Don't worry about the waist, it will stretch very easily and you can stretch it while wet.

I bought a pair of S5000VXs in a 30, tried them on and thought they would shrink up too much so I sold them and ordered a 31. I got the 31s, soaked those and realized they would be too big. I traded those for a 30 and the now I have those and they fit great.

I went through a lot of work when I should have just been patient. Size down.

I bought a pair of S5000VXs in a 30, tried them on and thought they would shrink up too much so I sold them and ordered a 31. I got the 31s, soaked those and realized they would be too big. I traded those for a 30 and the now I have those and they fit great.

Dude, want to trade those 30s for a 31?

Hello, I just recently got Samurai 710 19oz in size 30, and washed them right away quite hot at 60C/140F. They shrank but I still got some extra denim in arse area, so after few days of wear I washed them as hot as my washing machine could (inspired by cheap in samurai contest -thread), near boiling 90C/194F. They shrank a bit more and as I speak I'm wearing them with broad smile on my face. After the second wash the denim got much softer (got rid of rest of the starch) too.

Don't worry about the waist, it will stretch very easily and you can stretch it while wet.

Cool, thanks guys. I'll try a second soak or maybe even wash with no detergent and a tumble dry soon. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with this issue because I have a weird build in that my waist is fairly broad compared to my skinny hips & thighs.

Just received a pair S5000vx from 2nd today. Absolute flawless transaction. Ordered them friday through Rakuten. Had some email exchanges with 2nd on Saturday and Sunday. They were shipped Sunday and arrived to Denmark on Wednesday! No costum paid as they were marked down and sent as a gift.

Presoak they are about 30-30.5 inch at the waist and fit rather nicely.

Hopefully they will stretch out enough after soaking them.

Will it make any difference to soak them in a bathtub opposed to a bucket. I mean with the larger amount of water in the bathtub will it affect how much they'll shrink?

Just received a pair S5000vx from 2nd today. Absolute flawless transaction. Ordered them friday through Rakuten. Had some email exchanges with 2nd on Saturday and Sunday. They were shipped Sunday and arrived to Denmark on Wednesday! No costum paid as they were marked down and sent as a gift.

Presoak they are about 30-30.5 inch at the waist and fit rather nicely.

Hopefully they will stretch out enough after soaking them.

Will it make any difference to soak them in a bathtub opposed to a bucket. I mean with the larger amount of water in the bathtub will it affect how much they'll shrink?

I would put them in washing machine 60C... :)

If not, then bathtub. Can't really tell why...

How much is customs and v.a.t. in Denmark?

I would put them in washing machine 60C... :)

If not, then bathtub. Can't really tell why...

How much is customs and v.a.t. in Denmark?

VAT is 25%. I think costum on clothing is about 12,5 %. Then there are some small fees as well.

I definitely not going to put them in the washing machine. Afraid they will shrink too much at the waist. However I want the inseam to shrink 2 inches(31 to 29 inch)

I soaked mine in a 30 gallon Rubbermaid tub thing with a lid that you would use to store stuff in the attic. I didn't fill it up even half way though. they were a little bunched up.

After 5 hours they shrank from 34 to 33 (tagged size 32) and the inseem shrank to 36 (measured last night.)

always soak first..if u put the stiff jeans in the washer right away - u might get marks...that u'll later regret..

I should have said: "Kids, don't try this at home". :)

VAT is 25%. I think costum on clothing is about 12,5 %. Then there are some small fees as well.

I definitely not going to put them in the washing machine. Afraid they will shrink too much at the waist. However I want the inseam to shrink 2 inches(31 to 29 inch)

About the same as in Finland and they charge from the shipping as well. Thats hideous...

I just got s5000vx's but they are 36 length and i want to get them hemmed down to 34" so i can have about 2 inches to cuff. If i soak them after will they shrink to much and leave me with not enough length after I've had them hemmed. Also i see alot of people putting their jeans on when their still damp after they've soaked them, is that a good idea? And how long should i soak them for (i am new to samurai's)?

^omar,

theres a S5000 thread full of info about these.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12423

if they are raw, the inseam is usually about 38 because they will eventually shrink to the tagged 36" inseam. to figure out if you need to hem and how much, i suggest you measure the current inseam to make sure and remember it will shrink a couple inches, you can figure it out from there

where did you guys got your s5000vx? i asked a pair from toshiko she said its out of stock.. stocks will come in on may.. :(

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=28&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

too expensive.. and they dont have the red tab and the artcuates...

I'm too new to the S5000VX to comment on stretching, but so far I would recommend buying on the slimmer end of what you wear. All my jeans and pants range from 30 -32; I have the S5000VXs in 30 and they fit well. If you have slim thighs/seat for your waist (I certainly don't), you might want to go another size down, I'd think. This is after the second warm/hot soak; what some have said about them seeming to shrink more with additional soaks seems to be true in my experience.

And yeah, there's a thread on these already. Merge?

where did you guys got your s5000vx? i asked a pair from toshiko she said its out of stock.. stocks will come in on may.. :(

Got mine from 2nd as I wrote a couple of messages up. They have not charged my credit card yet, but they sent an invoice with price including shipping of 28940 Yen(24740 Yen for jeans, 4200 Yen shipping) Shipping was a bit expensive as they sent the jeans in a really big box.

About the same as in Finland and they charge from the shipping as well. Thats hideous...

Yeah, they charge VAT on shipping as well in Denmark. It's ridiculous.

i spent the last hr and a half reading thru the thread, and im still confused, ive mailed toshiko already, but she has yet to reply.

now, i wear a pair of sz29 APCs (best benchmark jeans) which i like to wear low,

low, like rirawin, like beneath my asscrack low, like milspex kinda low. the 29s fit me just right for that.

SO..... how do i go about getting my correct size for these damn BKs, cos i live in singapore, and no store stocks sammies.

p.s. my APCs, have streched out to abt 17" across, and abt 34.5" all round.

peace.

thanks in advance for your replies.

...now, i wear a pair of sz29 APCs (best benchmark jeans) which i like to wear low, low, like rirawin, like beneath my asscrack low, like milspex kinda low. the 29s fit me just right for that.

SO..... how do i go about getting my correct size for these damn BKs, cos i live in singapore, and no store stocks sammies.

p.s. my APCs, have streched out to abt 17" across, and abt 34.5" all round.

peace.

thanks in advance for your replies.

My APC NS sz 29 fit me like that and I am happy with my 5000BK in 30w. The waist is snug but not painful.