No more denim...

PG2G

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no tweeds, i strengthened the covenant

no more jeans for real now

i bet that's what you said to all the other pairs. ;)

anyway, great pickup. i just saw the pics on earthmarket and they are gorgeous.

your policy of picking up from supermarket seems to work well--save money compared to RRP, helps to stay denim-free if nothing turns up, and score only the good stuff. perhaps i shall likewise wait for a virginal pair of SD103s in my size to appear. :)

I'm in too. But I would have been regardless since I want to work on my jeans until I get them nicely faded and worn before I buy more.

Since Feb. 3rd I've bought:

1) LVC 1906 Bunkhouse 501s (already distressed so no need to work on these)

2) Sugar Cane x Begin

3) Gap Gough

4) Somet 008 Slims

Plus I'm going to get the SExIH02 next Sunday.

I figure 4 jeans to break down are enough for me for a long time.

Does selling jeans to replace them with different ones count for breaking the pact? I think this should be based upon total quantity of jeans only.

My total count limit is 5 (and I've hit that with my KMW AWA pick up) but I'm trying to sell my LVC so I can pick up either the PBJ XX-007 or the SExIH02 (if there are any left when I get to SF).

I don't want "mass bad rep" if I break my promise (per PG2G). =P

Goddamn man, you've bought 5 pairs of jeans since Feb? I should give u negative rep anyway :) Haha

j/k

Anyway, can't give u much crap. I'm thinking of revising my 1 pair of jeans in 2007 to 1 pair of synthetic and 1 pair of naturals :P

Goddamn man, you've bought 5 pairs of jeans since Feb? I should give u negative rep anyway :) Haha

j/k

Anyway, can't give u much crap. I'm thinking of revising my 1 pair of jeans in 2007 to 1 pair of synthetic and 1 pair of naturals :P

But these are the only 5 pairs jeans that I have that are considered "good" by SuFu standards (well, except the Gaps). So I had some catching up to do!

My previous limit was 4 jeans but that got raised to 5. My reasoning was that 4 means death in Chinese so I had better get 5. Although by that reasoning 8 means fortune and good luck so maybe...

Ive got the edo ais, s5000bk and eternal 868s since january, you should all tut and furrow your brows at me if I "cop" anymore "raws".

Lowrider - I remember you posting about those begin jeans and I remember thinking - "this cat is going to be around for a while with his addiction" - er....congrats!

Ive got the edo ais, s5000bk and eternal 868s since january, you should all tut and furrow your brows at me if I "cop" anymore "raws".

Lowrider - I remember you posting about those begin jeans and I remember thinking - "this cat is going to be around for a while with his addiction" - er....congrats!

Yep... I just wish I could clone myself so that I could wear all my jeans at once. It sucks in the morning... I have to decide which jean I want to wear. When I leave the house I kinda regret leaving the others behind... Right now I've been wearing my Somet Slims for the last 12 days straight and my Begins are getting jealous. I know that my Somets will be neglected when my KMW AWAs come in this week.

• 3 weeks later...
I have my sexihos coming in (they're late, I'm getting antsy),

Did you pre-pay for those already? What size are you getting? I'm thinking of picking up a pair too in a 30W (if the rumors are true and they're bigger than the blues) or 31W (if they're smaller than the blues).

I wonder if it'll be a mad rush on the phones...

Did you pre-pay for those already? What size are you getting? I'm thinking of picking up a pair too in a 30W (if the rumors are true and they're bigger than the blues) or 31W (if they're smaller than the blues).

I wonder if it'll be a mad rush on the phones...

I'm getting the blues. It's been sent via EMS. Checked with the tracking number, it's coming in a day later than usual (meaning I have to wait over the weekend to get it, grrrrr).

I'm getting a size 36, and those were all gone within half an hour of it dropping on the Selfedge online store. Lucky I wasn't working till later that afternoon, so I was there to get em.

I'm not overly fond of black jeans (not fond enough to shell out another 5AUD bills for them). I figured there's only 25 pairs, I can't believe there were any left after the initial rush. If it was the other way round, and there were only 25 blue ones, I def would have asked and sent money for another forum member to buy them for me when selfedge was taking pre-orders in store.

I guess I'm in. I'm pulling every jean I own off rotation. My sexihos are going to be the only pair of jeans I wear between now and 2008. Aboslutely nothing but these jeans. If they're in the wash, I'll wear moleskins. No other denim is going to touch my legs.

... shyeah. We'll see how long that lasts... I'll give it the old college try though. And this doesn't include wallets, belts and boots. I have to work on my leather goods collection anyway.

I guess I'm in. I'm pulling every jean I own off rotation. My sexihos are going to be the only pair of jeans I wear between now and 2008. Aboslutely nothing but these jeans. If they're in the wash, I'll wear moleskins. No other denim is going to touch my legs.

... shyeah. We'll see how long that lasts... I'll give it the old college try though. And this doesn't include wallets, belts and boots. I have to work on my leather goods collection anyway.

I only have 3 jeans that I'm trying to break in but can't decide on a rotation schedule. Well if nobody buys my SCxBegin or my LVC soon I may just keep them but then I'd have 5 in rotation.

I've been trying to focus only on my Somet but every morning my KMW AWA and Gough seem to call out to me when I go to the closet. I'm kinda determined to hit 30 days on the Somet before I do my first wash / soak. After that I think I'll work on my KMW AWA.

Maybe 30 day rotation cycle (30 days of wear / hot wash soak / air dry / store for 2 down cycles) would work well. At least the jeans will be stored clean.

It's too hot and humid in Hawaii to go 6 months with no washing. That's just gross.

Guest jeffvyain

haven't bought a pair since october '06. haven't kept a pair since july '06. still wearing those. happily. the rear belt loop of my 5000s ripped off about a week ago. caught them on something while getting into the car. still wearing them. will have them fixed eventually, but for now, i have a tail.

Maybe 30 day rotation cycle (30 days of wear / hot wash soak / air dry / store for 2 down cycles) would work well. At least the jeans will be stored clean.

I agree absolutely. All of my jeans are getting a handwash with vege soap before being put away for the rest of the year. You have to store clothes clean, otherwise, whatever dead skin, oil, grime etc.. will grow/attract/breed all kinds of nasties.

I might, keep my SC55s in rotation for now... I can't seem to keep away from that hairy denim. (and if the SExSC collab in September is with the same 55 denim, man... I might buy a pair - just to keep until next year, of course).

Just checking in...so far I've gone 3 months without buying a new pair of jeans. I'm trying to fight the urge to buy a pair of sexiho's or sc 40400n's. I really hope that I can hold out for another 3 months.

lowrider - It will take years and years for your AWAs to fade, so if I was in your shoe, I wouldn't wear them with the intent of fading them like other jeans. I would just wear them on special occasions and stare at the deep blue hues.