No more denim...

PG2G

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Okay okay. I wanna hear more updates on who has been diligent with or broke their no-denim pledge so far.

I would like to toot my own horn in saying that I have not bought a pair (for myself)since my last post on this thread. I have participated in a trade however: one of my over-sized pair of crates for a semi-fake-seeming pair of evisuxreddot... I feel dirty.

I am gonna keep from buying for a year... it's gonna be hard but maybe I'll find better stuff then.

I'm still going strong, managed to fight off the temptation of the 5000BK and the denim contest. I'm not planning on picking up anything for a while, I think I could easily go another 6+ months :P

i've only got into the denim scene not long ago, so for me, staying away from more denim is kinda hard

but i'll stop buying when i've ticked off items on my shopping list

- Dior 19cm

- Somet

- Skull

think of it as an investment rather than a fashion accessory, and the denim'll stick around for longer. :)

• 1 month later...

You buy those Kicking Mule's and I guarantee you will take a break from denim buying for along time :P I had to take a step back and reevaluate after that AI purchase, hehe.

So... about those purple selvedge onis...

those are what i want, the onis. but i kind of think they'll hang around seeing they've also had the same AI's there since 6 months ago....so add $40 and you have the oni's. I'd actually probably mail order them to save on tax...why am i even contemplating these...

How much different were they than the AI's? Pretty similar?

They actually restocked the AI's on the website recently. I imagine they must move verrry slowly.

I think if my AI's turn out really nice in the next 3-4 months, I'd seriously consider those Onis. They'd probably be my only pair for the year though. They are expensive, but 1 big shit pair a year is cheaper than the 2-3 normalish pairs people by. And that way I won't get rushed thru the process, hehe.