No more denim...

PG2G

none for me since i bought my last rrl that became cmf homme... i even saw a pair of old levis, tapered slim fit, great fading, for 3$. i had to say no. i must stay strong. plus i want to get 6 months of wear in on these by september, which may be hard since i bought them about a month ago.

my current abuse regime right now is 12 hours of hard skating a week, and wearing them any other time they are dry. im thinking i have about 3 months in on them now(from the amount they have faded, and the smell).

oh... sweat seems to work better than starch to set creases and keep them stiff.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, i'm in.

coinciding with xcoldricex shipping back to the states, i've put together a denim-crackhead-starter-pack of Cane '47s, SD103s and Sorahikos. oh and some black kicking mule 50s, but only 'cos they were less than half price on sale)

should keep me going for a year.

none for me since i bought my last rrl that became cmf homme... i even saw a pair of old levis, tapered slim fit, great fading, for 3$. i had to say no. i must stay strong. plus i want to get 6 months of wear in on these by september, which may be hard since i bought them about a month ago.

my current abuse regime right now is 12 hours of hard skating a week, and wearing them any other time they are dry. im thinking i have about 3 months in on them now(from the amount they have faded, and the smell).

oh... sweat seems to work better than starch to set creases and keep them stiff.

i second the sweat part. but it also stinks like mad soon after...i think my parents nearly keeled over when i stepped into the house after my week of bashing up jeans overseas.

yeah... im washing them every 2 weeks just to keep my house smelling good and keep the denim from getting fucked up. after about 2 days they have a white crust on them from sweat from skating.

washed yesterday. whiskers and honeycoms starting to jump out at me. creases still there after the wash. almost no indigo loss for the rest of the jean. of course i just did a quick wash with dr bronners in the bath, no prolonged soaking.

pics coming soon

are you still the master of your domain?

yes, nothing bought....in the denim department...actually found a bunch of custom made levis the other day...

does anyone else remember that? a few years ago you could go to the levis store (the one in boston for me) and you could choose the cuts, denim, and material....and they would make a custom pair for you....I got 3 pairs, returned one of them...really cool stuff..

• 4 weeks later...
Kay I am so in, I'm selling all but three pairs of jeans, my Ande Whalls, some diesel light colored ones, and my TR's.... and I'll get extra $$$$

How long you trying to go? I've got until december 14th... then its christmas present time :)

waddap, cheapmotherfucker.

i tried on a pair of orange tabs (29x32) at a thrift store ($5) this weekend. but they were hella tight. i could barely button/zip them. painted-on tight. i don't think i would have been able to sit down. but strangely, they had ballroom. naturally, i passed. they made me feel like a tramp. nice fade on them though.

incidentally (this is totally off-topic) i was watching WOLFS RAIN and it seems very superfuturish. one character is named HIGE, they are always talking about RED MOON, and they are trying to go to RAKUTEN.

chicken, no, this:

188636000601ss500sclzzzzzzzv1056535203mj7.jpg

Guest Fade to Black

No more raw/one-wash denim for me for the rest of the year, easily...my current project, 45 RPM sorahikos is already giving me a nasty OCD streak whenever I'm out in the street wearing those babies...if this includes washed denim then i'm not so sure...actually contemplating picking up the new Dior scratched orange overdyes (blah already got 2 pairs from previous seasons don't know why i keep going back to this model).

a vow of nothing new till the new year arrives!

this doesn't include footwear, tees, jackets, stuff like that right?

Nah, doesn't include any of that stuff. You can make it whatever you want though. My main problem is I keept spending money on jeans when its the rest of my wardrobe that needs work :P

Just an update, still havent bought any more denim! :D (not like I need it, i have several pairs waiting to get worn). I have been buying some new shirts though, but thats cheaper and a lot of my old ones are too tight now (started rowing more, my back has grown enough to make them too tight now)