Pure Blue Japan

midnight

...so ive seen that quite a few pages back that people have had their 005's tapered... I've grown a little tired of the fit on me, so I'm about to do the same...

curious to know what l/t affects of tapering would be on wear and fading (or anything else, for that matter), if any?

any help would be greatly appreciated...

ok, so i decided to get into the spirit here, and post some fit pictures.

5'7", 155lbs. i have large thighs and calves due to a lifetime of skateboarding, biking and kung fu/kickboxing, so i have to get jeans where the waist is loose to fit me in the thighs. i just deal with it and wear a belt.

PBJ 008, one wash version. 32 waist, hemmed at BiG not sure to what because i didn't ask.

worn for 7 days, no washes, no soaks:

05202009q.jpg

05202009001.jpg

ok, so i decided to get into the spirit here, and post some fit pictures.

5'7", 155lbs. i have large thighs and calves due to a lifetime of skateboarding, biking and kung fu/kickboxing, so i have to get jeans where the waist is loose to fit me in the thighs. i just deal with it and wear a belt.

PBJ 008, one wash version. 32 waist, hemmed at BiG not sure to what because i didn't ask.

worn for 7 days, no washes, no soaks:

Actually, that's one of the reasons why I buy raw denim.

Oftentimes jeans that are cut wide enough to support thighs used for swimming/biking/etc look kind of big.

If you just bear with the uncomfortableness of it being tight for 2 or so weeks, the thighs stretch out and the fit is perfect.

2cents.

Actually, that's one of the reasons why I buy raw denim.

Oftentimes jeans that are cut wide enough to support thighs used for swimming/biking/etc look kind of big.

If you just bear with the uncomfortableness of it being tight for 2 or so weeks, the thighs stretch out and the fit is perfect.

2cents.

thanks for the advice, after spending some time catching up on this forum's history, i am getting more interested in a raw/stf project. maybe some LVC 47s or some sugar canes or maybe i'll stick with PBJ, no idea yet.

it will be a while before i start a new pair, so i will have plenty of time to consider my options first.

Woo! Got a pair of 007's at Hinoya yesterday, last pair. Just for the record, it seems like no brick and mortar stores in Tokyo carry raws. I'll try and put up pics in the next few days.

i managed to stumble upon hinoya, when i was in tokyo wandering around ueno (that's where i was staying.) ueno seems a lot like nyc chinatown, with a lot of bargains to be had, but also a lot of counterfeit goods for sale.

with no info on the store, i wandered inside and decided that it looked like a legit store, rather than a bootleg spot, with a really nice selection, and some of the best customer service ever. really. they were so nice to us, it was uncanny, especially coming from nyc (no slight directed at BiG, they are really nice too, but not the norm for nyc shopping.)

i ended up getting my PBJ 008s at the PBJ shop, merely because they had a better selection, and the prices seemed comparable to hinoya. mrs. the_ming ended up getting her somets at cibone, as they were the only place we could find that carried somet.

she tried on a bunch of evisu jeans at hinoya but couldn't get a good fit, so we didn't buy there, but we really wanted to. if i end up shopping for some sugar canes next year, i may go back there 1st to see what they have.

what is the general consensus about the place, from the members of the forum? is it a good place to buy denim, or is one better off headed to harajuku or elsewhere? is there a better store that carries a wide selection of japanese denim, or is the main alternative to visit the storefronts from the jeans makers themselves?

we found another spot in ueno that seemed like it carried cheaper jeans, and they had some edwin stuff but i didn't see any selvedge edwin, is that harder to find?

Selvedge Edwin is easy enough to find, but only a handful of Edwin models actually use selvedge. Hit up the shop in Harajuku. Hard to miss, right on Omote-sando (I think! The main road down the hill out of Harajuku station, anyway).

I found the Hinoya and the nearby stores at the markets in Ueno (forget the name, the spot that runs right under the train tracks) had an excellent selection of denim. Wide variety of styles and brands. Right where Hinoya's is there are a few other denim stores and between them all you should be able to find all the SuFu-approved brands and models. I saw pretty much everything there; Sams, PBJ, SC, FH, IH, Evisu, Skulls, and even a few more esoteric/obscure brands that haven't blown up on here yet.

I would go for the "obscure" brand of jeans if I had a choice and enough info on it. Show some other denim makers some love. They know as much as the big hitters and attention to detail might be better because there is such a limited run.

i just bought some 007's and i was wondering what do you guys think of the straight leg all the way through to the leg opening?

i was trying to look for a tapered look and was thinking of getting them tailored..but i dont really know any good tailoring spots in socal. your advices will help =]

i just bought some 007's and i was wondering what do you guys think of the straight leg all the way through to the leg opening?

i was trying to look for a tapered look and was thinking of getting them tailored..but i dont really know any good tailoring spots in socal. your advices will help =]

...if you're down for a little drive, check out Hollywood Trading Company on Beverly & Martel in LA... it's been referenced on SuFu countless times and many people (including myself) can vouch for them...

XX-005, 3+ months, just saw their second machine wash, first machine dry

3570131417_68230c8ba6.jpg

3570135609_4f9a6be8fb.jpg

3570307279_7086c26a17.jpg

Tailor altered these (see that heavy line up the middle) to make the waist smaller for my brother. I wore the pair for a while, and when I gave them to him, the waist was too big. Solid job, no problems with strength of the stitching so far…

3570137663_6663bc8651.jpg

I ordered a pair of size 32 one-wash XX-007's from BIG, but they were too tight, so I exchanged them for a size 33 raw because there were no more size 33 one-washes available. I want to get them at the measurements of the size 33 one-wash on BIG's site. Should I just hot-soak them in a tub, or just run them through a hot-wash cycle in the washing machine?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Skimmed the thread, and seems like the 007s are real tight after shrinkage, and stretch a lot afterwards. True to size or size up 1? I'm a true waist of 32 / 33". I'm thinking 33 just in case. Suppose I'll just have to wear a belt. Pretty stoked about finally getting a pair of slubby denim.

Skimmed the thread, and seems like the 007s are real tight after shrinkage, and stretch a lot afterwards. True to size or size up 1? I'm a true waist of 32 / 33". I'm thinking 33 just in case. Suppose I'll just have to wear a belt. Pretty stoked about finally getting a pair of slubby denim.

I think true to size should be fine. They seem to stretch pretty easily.

if your thighs can allow it, i would go down to 32's.

if your thighs can allow it, i would go down to 32's.

You're right, but my thighs are exactly why I might get 33 instead of 32. I run / bike very frequently, and my quads aren't exactly slim. This thread seems to suggest that 007s shrink pretty tight in the thighs, but it seems that the denim stretches a great deal, too. Anyone have measurements on presoak / post soak / stretch on the 007s?

You're right, but my thighs are exactly why I might get 33 instead of 32. I run / bike very frequently, and my quads aren't exactly slim. This thread seems to suggest that 007s shrink pretty tight in the thighs, but it seems that the denim stretches a great deal, too. Anyone have measurements on presoak / post soak / stretch on the 007s?

Pre-soak:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2805&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

One-wash:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2952&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28