Acronym.

Westbrook

As much as I like Acronym I can't help but feel for a polartech powerstretch neck gaiter 95 euros is slightly taking the piss. I've worn this one for snowboarding for years and never had any problems with it:

45455_enlarged.jpg

Obviously it doesn't have the Acronym branding on it but I can't see much difference between this and the ACR one by looking closely at the pictures. If anyone can point me out why it is worth so much more it would be appreciated.

Stand outs for me are the field jacket(GT-J27PL) and the car coat (S-J30) and if they still have stock in hanon today I will try these on..

Bit the bullet and got the GT-J28. Been a while since they had a classic ACR jacket like this I think - flak pocket/ interops/ full bells and whistles. Had a GT-J8 which was too big and I sold that on the market, so this should hopefully work better. Hope it works out!

when you get yours please tell me how it fits...was noticing the chest measurements look pretty big was toying with the idea of getting one sized down once i sell my kidney

Got my order today. Was pleasantly surprised to find the GT-J27PL has an escape zip that isn't listed in its specs

I also purchased the J27PL and when I first zipped it to the top I thought I had a defective zip until I realised.

As for packing it the jacket still feels quite substantial for being a paclite imo.

customs is fucking with my package :( won't clear until I tell them what the fabric content is and if it's knit or woven...

i just kind of winged it hopefully arrives monday

e: should have said it's a 50/50 blend of futurecloth/ninjalinen

Edited by Stacks

J28 came in today. Got hit by customs from Firmament. Owed $130.

Sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully the piece is worth it. ( Likely is.)

Edit: With a sleeve, can the 3A-1 support a laptop with some notebooks and other assorted small items or should I just overlook the extra $200 and look at the 3A-8TS?

Edited by Shoreman

J28 came in today. Got hit by customs from Firmament. Owed $130.

this is still a better deal than buying from within North America no?

955 euro less 19% = 773 euro which is approx 1k USD where some north american retailers are selling it for 1230 and then plus taxes depending on where you live :\

Sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully the piece is worth it. ( Likely is.)

Edit: With a sleeve, can the 3A-1 support a laptop with some notebooks and other assorted small items or should I just overlook the extra $200 and look at the 3A-8TS?

Depends what notebook. If you're carry Macbook Airs, then no problem. The external pouches and mezzanine pockets of the 3A-1 make it supremely practical from the get go. I think it's the best bag ever made.

this is still a better deal than buying from within North America no?

955 euro less 19% = 773 euro which is approx 1k USD where some north american retailers are selling it for 1230 and then plus taxes depending on where you live :\

it's more like 16% (arithmetic, yo), yes it's still cheaper but still feels like a kick in the teeth when the UPS dude asks for a check and part of it includes a "brokerage" fee ticketmaster stylee.

optimal situation would be a european based stockist that refunds VAT and doesn't use UPS but don't think there's one unfortunately.

some of the US stockists like to take the mickey, unfortunate but what can you do?

Slept a little too long and now Firmament only has the DS-J5 in large, and I'm usually a medium. Worth the risk of buying 1 size up, or do I just wait for a similar piece I've got coming from SS-13?

Slept a little too long and now Firmament only has the DS-J5 in large, and I'm usually a medium. Worth the risk of buying 1 size up, or do I just wait for a similar piece I've got coming from SS-13?

Unfortunately there is no any similar piece in ACR SS13 ):