Westbrook

Acronym.

thanks for the fast response appreciate it, how durable are these jackets?, i havent bought any acronym merch before, thinking since the s-j1a has a few years on it.

The material is completely different between the two jackets. ProShell on the GT-J5A will be here long after you or I; the Etaproof on the S-J1A is cotton based and will naturally show some wear with time.

In terms of construction; fairly bombproof, though I doubt most people use them in a disposable manner. There was a great blog-type post by someone who'd been using an ACR jacket continuously for a number of years. Think ERLSN linked that off his twitter. Maybe someone can dig the link up.

is the acronym gt-j5a like a staple model btw that pretty much returns every F/W season?, wondering since there seems to be several versions of it dating back a couple of years.

as in i might aswell hold off until F/W this year drops then, instead of going hunting hard for a F/W 11 now.

The GT-J5A is a model that sometimes comes back.

Never in the same form though, there are always some slight adjustments in the model.

Essentially that's the case with every Acronym jacket, if they get re-produced in a later season it's always an evolutionary model.

Sometimes re-iterations of models have so many adjustments that they even get there own name/number.

You can never be sure a jacket is re-produced next season.

but lookin at it's history, would you say this is a usual suspect that is likely to return in some iteration?

Yes, it will probably return again....someday ;)

If you need a jacket with the property's of the GT-J5A, then buy it now.

GT-J5A is not part of F/W1213. Think, thus far there have been 3 releases (GT-J5, and two iterations of -J5A) since ACR started. Didn't we just have this conversation a few pages back?

damn that archive, can't imagine how third echelonish security must be there:)

Is there any showroom customers can visit in Berlin ? Or Firmament is the only place to try acrn clothes in the city ?

I've always assumed that Subnet functions in the same way showrooms do, with the added addition of personal buys. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

achk - andreas murkudis carries acr too: http://www.andreasmurkudis.com. smaller selection than firmament, obviously. but a very beautiful shop nonetheless.

Just went to this shop last week, it's quite a breathtaking retail store. Great brand mix along with next level merchandising.

higapon119-img600x339-1321074283e5t3s924464.jpg

Could someone here tell me which version of the s-j1a this is (year) and if at all possible a quick breakdown of each of the releases and what's different about them.

Could be first-gen (or 1.1 as the true 1.0 was in that first edition kit from 2001), the second-gen (WS-J1A) had a black arm on grey body, so pre-2005.

Daniel can probably give you an definitive answer on that, or just hit up Errolson on Twitter.

WS-J1A FW0506 - Windstopper 3L Gore-Tex (Grey/Black)

E-J1A FW0607 - Epic Cotton (Black/Black)

E-J1A SS08 - Epic Cotton (Black/Black Leather)

S-J1A FW0809 - Stotz Etaproof (Olive/Black)

Edited by Cloud_SB

def want the 0809 then i guess, thanks for the help. any other forums i should consider posting this WTB on btw?

Edited by magik

i'm 6"6 / 205 i doubt i could get away with L looking at the measurements listed.

lol yeah that would look weird.

Thats the only thing the bothers me about the J1A, the cut is (too)wide+(too)short.

So hoping that if a re-issue of the 0809 ever comes they keep everything exactly the same except for the cut, it just need 2 or 3 cm's less in width and more in length!

Could be first-gen (or 1.1 as the true 1.0 was in that first edition kit from 2001), the second-gen (WS-J1A) had a black arm on grey body, so pre-2005.

Daniel can probably give you an definitive answer on that, or just hit up Errolson on Twitter.

WS-J1A FW0506 - Windstopper 3L Gore-Tex (Grey/Black)

E-J1A FW0607 - Epic Cotton (Black/Black)

E-J1A SS08 - Epic Cotton (Black/Black Leather)

S-J1A FW0809 - Stotz Etaproof (Olive/Black)

thanks mate ;)

color of the pic is some kind of strange.

Actually 04/05 season release.

is 1000$ in your opinion enough to make it a good deal for someone who has one of these, or would i be better off bumping it say another 500$, to make it more appealing?

and on a completly unrelated note.

is this acronym?

110708do8.jpg

Edited by magik

in my opinion spend $1500 on a new f/w acr jacket, why do you want that one so much?

in my opinion spend $1500 on a new f/w acr jacket, why do you want that one so much?

because i like the design?, and it's only money. really do not mean to come off like some rich kid doucebag by saying that, i basicly fund all my clothing expenses by betting, so how much i have to spend each month depends completly on how well i do with this little hobby, and since i dont mix this revenue stream with the revenue stream from my job i dont really care what i do with this money or how much i pay for stuff.

i basicly use one hobby, to fund another hobby

Edited by magik

I think even $1000 is already pretty steap mate.

Retail for that jacket was around the E1200 I believe, and as it's fw0809 i don't think you'll find one which is in brand new condition.

So I would put if anywhere between 500 to 850 depending the state. (So yeah $1000 should def. pull them in).

@stacks: Because it's the best jacket they've ever made! I get his drift, I would also pay more for the s-j1a then for any other 2nd-hand acrnm jacket.

Edited by Cloud_SB