Acronym.

Westbrook

Does anybody know what sort of warranty you get with a acrnm shell

I have a fw12/13 that a lot of,the seams tape is coming loose

I have sent it to scottish mountain gear to get a full re tape done, they do warrenty repairs with other brands like arcteryx , mountain equipment etc

Can anybody help?

Edited by greencarman

If I have a 29/30 waist, do you think I could manage with a medium p10-s or am I doomed to scour the internet for a small?

The small might be too big as well, based on the few pants I have tried on small (sp12ts, p9-s, and one other that's escaping me). I'm at the closer to 29 though.

I have sent it to scottish mountain gear to get a full re tape done, they do warrenty repairs with other brands like arcteryx , mountain equipment etc

Can anybody help?

Gore-Tex made a bunch of defective tapes at one point which were sent out not just to Acronym but other brands as well. You should take pics and send them to ACR, or as suggested, tweet erlsn. They'll sort you out. 

The small might be too big as well, based on the few pants I have tried on small (sp12ts, p9-s, and one other that's escaping me). I'm at the closer to 29 though.

2nd this. Tried the P9-S last week in Small (at w29 waist/w28 in Veilance) and it was far too big. Waist was approx. 84 cm

Can anybody help?

Useful link:

http://www.acronym.de/repairs/

Acronym were stupidly helpful when I sent my E-J1A to them to replace broken zip, Osman was top notch.

Unsure what the cost would be for the tape repair but I only paid for outbid postage ( no repair cost or return postage ).

Faultless in every respect.

It's inevitable that you will feel/look weird while putting on and wearing the bag at first. In my opinion, it's not the most ideal solution, but you might want to look at Nebulae as an example of rocking the excess strap quite well. ( At least I think it's him.)

Edited by TresUnCool

Just got my P14, suppose I should do another one of these...

IagSklK.jpg

Always fun to open these up

z9ivjyw.jpg

First a look at the material in detail. It's the same as with the black P15-CH, just in grey. Definitely has a different feel to it than SS12's CH, much lighter and thinner. 

ZRC55uG.jpg

A peek at the tag. STEPPIN RAZOR. Same as the P8TS-X. As you can see, this one does have the white-and-olive band around the inner hem. I think the P15 didn't because of the cinching mechanic. 

CFSmF61.jpg

Same composition here as in the P15. 

No fit pics this time, sorry. Maybe I'll do some tomorrow if people would like them. What I can say is that it fits slimmer than I was expecting. I was hoping it would have a similar appearance to the P9-CH but it's too slim on me through the calf for that look. Sizing up with this one won't hurt if you want that kind of look, just use a belt to pull in the extra width.

Edited by Sypron

No fit pics this time, sorry. Maybe I'll do some tomorrow if people would like them. What I can say is that it fits slimmer than I was expecting. I was hoping it would have a similar appearance to the P9-CH but it's too slim on me through the calf for that look. Sizing up with this one won't hurt if you want that kind of look, just use a belt to pull in the extra width.

I would love to see a fitpic, curious as to how slim they fit.

Great points Sypron, thanks!

Wore my pair quite a bit already and have to say they work really well. More breathable than the Stotz version to be sure. I don't find them crazy slim but their cut is definitely less bulky than then the P9. The smaller cuff means you can wear dress shoes or boots (pants inside) more easily. Been meaning to try them with some tall combat boot for instance.

Hadn't seen the Steppin Razor tag. That's a nice throwback :).

Too bad I already have J23-E, as this new CH material probably makes for a very nice summer jacket.

Where do you live Aleporte? If it gets cold there at some points during the year, I'd say Stotz. The new CH is the most breathable of the bunch and not something I'd wear when temperatures drop (esp. wind-chill-wise). Conversely if you live somewhere warm it makes perfect sense to go CH this time. Previous season's CH was far warmer. The Epic is sort of in between for me, people's opinions of that vary. Some feel its great for warm weather as well. It also easiest to take care of. Just wash and tumble-dry.  Stotz needs dry-cleaning (not a big deal perhaps) and the CH needs line-drying (see label in Sypron's post).

Where do you live Aleporte? If it gets cold there at some points during the year, I'd say Stotz. The new CH is the most breathable of the bunch and not something I'd wear when temperatures drop (esp. wind-chill-wise). Conversely if you live somewhere warm it makes perfect sense to go CH this time. Previous season's CH was far warmer. The Epic is sort of in between for me, people's opinions of that vary. Some feel its great for warm weather as well. It also easiest to take care of. Just wash and tumble-dry. Stotz needs dry-cleaning (not a big deal perhaps) and the CH needs line-drying (see label in Sypron's post).

North of Spain but travel constantly (mostly LA and Toronto).

I have a j1a-s so I guess I can compare with that. Now gotta find a p10s for sale in small. Not going to be easy.

Thanks man