ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I spent the weekend in Omaha and Lincoln,NE helping out a photographer friend of mine shoot a wedding (Michael J Krell's nuptials, if that name means anything to any of you). It was a ton of fun. All the pictures taken are propietary but I did manage to snap a picture at a personal highlight Five Guys.....

tumblr_lqaipqLfDR1qd5balo1_500.jpg

The roys had fun, there's still some sheen on them from residual french fry grease.

-rF

Markus, I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Paul, I've said it before and I'll say it again you have a good eye my friend. your pics tell a story which is what you do with your writing as well. this confirms my theory; creativity like religion all comes from the same place and in intertwined.

Great stuff everyone. I will post soon enough but currently work is kicking my Ar$e.

Cheers!!!

You'll have to forgive the pic quality on this post. I noticed it had been a bit since the last upload, so I grabbed what was on the phone. I promise a better quality update in a few.

garden2.jpg

The garden is starting to look good. The cold spring kept the plants out of the ground a little too long so it has taken some extra time to get going.

gardenonions.jpg

Onions

gardentomato.jpg

Tomatoes

gardenpeppers.jpg

Peppers

garden_fit2.jpg

Roys

gardenpappy.jpg

Pappy Van

I'm just getting into zucchini up north here. It is sad that tomatoes are just now starting to ripen, but I'm excited for it. I think I'll have to can some, since summer won't last too much longer.

I don't think I ever posted any more pictures from the new house...

293545_10150359064896617_510166616_9830357_4698677_n.jpg

184031_10150359060206617_510166616_9830313_2978677_n.jpg

295393_10150359060246617_510166616_9830314_1224904_n.jpg

294130_10150359060301617_510166616_9830316_5889455_n.jpg

293576_10150359060376617_510166616_9830319_6197440_n.jpg

We moved from a tiny,tiny place to this one. Still workin on getting it furnished but here's some pictures.

I'll take a walk once it cools off a bit and get some pictures of our town.

-rF

Very Heroic picture Markus, You're like a super hero but with Roy jeans and a shirt tied around your waist instead of a cape. wish I could rep.

Indeed. Peaceful Warrior.

me too.feels so good to be back!

6078600895_e2a418024e_z.jpg

]

You're bustin us all up even with that whacked out back. Lookin nice. Can't rep ya now.

robby - place looks great...somehow reminds me of a TV show (forgot the name, sry!)

mr.nice - great to have you back "altes Haus" ;)...jeans r looking great!

dr.house - great to see you around a bit more often now...hopefully that don`t mean bad things :) weißt ja worüber wir mal auf mn-gesprochen haben!

Great to see you back Markus! Looking forward to more pics of your spa experience!

Small recap of the week… The RxC have still not hit the water…..

6668fa14.jpg

I decided to let them air out a couple of days ago, while a buddy & I went for a "short" training ride. It was pouring rain, and we figured we'd only do 40-50km… But we were feeling good, and we looped from the west-end, down to the lakeshore, out towards the east end, the north to the top of the GTA & back west to home - 120+km....

We were heading north in Scarborough right during rush hour, so we decided to get off the main roads and onto side streets…. Bad idea. Little cul-de-sacs, one way roads - wasted quite a chunk of time. I should have brought the Garmin - first world problems :rolleyes:

33db284d.jpg

Of course, after I got home, sopping wet, the sun came out!

But the weather has been weird lately, to say the least. This past Sunday, a town in Ontario was flattened by a tornado, and this day was strange as well.

91812c90.jpg

The air became heavy again, and massive lightning storms broke out. Heck of a light show!

5778a911.jpg

2cbdd23f.jpg

a4f061a5.jpg

The next day was gorgeous, and we headed out for some day hiking at Rattlesnake Point.

6e8b2fea.jpg

This is one of my favourite parts of the Bruce Trail - very rugged and beautiful, with cliffs for climbing & caves for exploring.

The trailhead starts out easily enough…

6a327c56.jpg

But soon turns into this type of terrain

6a253291.jpg

On the way up, we chatted with the Advanced Search & Rescue team, who were having a training day

437f07a9.jpg

What I was wearing (Alden, RxC, Velvasheen, photogeek)

8d2f34bc.jpg

Snack break as we neared the top

07b5eabe.jpg

And a little guy who was hoping for some goodies

df5b3377.jpg

The views are stunning

ae356b3b.jpg

3a6ac867.jpg

48488c5d.jpg

Sup Dkatz!!

8d7b12e9.jpg

Parting shot

e00937a1.jpg

thanks so much for the warm welcome!

riff,i was going to post my first week there last night,had nearly everthing finished but one wrong click deleted the whole post...arrgh!

was too tired to do it all again,next try hopefully tomorrow(tonight is booked for debauchery with my mates)

Beautiful photos, riff. Didn't you do a hot machine wash or two at the start? ;)

Here are my Roys driving a nice check to the bank. That's right- I closed on the house sale two days ago! It's been such a relief that I've been exhausted and barely able to function the past couple of days. It's like when you've been working a long week, Friday hits, and you crash, except that my long week was a long few years. Good thing it's almost the weekend! I know what I'll be doing tonight...

5bca6b20.jpg