ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Thanks everyone, really appreciated. I felt our little community were with me in spirit, this after all is a book completed in ROY x Cone. Markus, if I don't get another deal I might be competing for rough trade with you in a year!

Thanks, tg and everyone, I haven't done this before, but I know I can buy copies to sell at around £15 if anyone wants a signed one.

My last newspaper tie-up ran this morning; Bowie's Berlin in THe Independent. I won't be competing with eltopo or farhad, but they used my photos, too.

As the cash has to feed the family for i-don't-know-how-long, I have to work out an un-extravagant completion pressie for myself. I reckon a trip to Northampton, and the Tricker's factory shop, might be the answer.

thanks,doc.sharp sounds good,hot even better.

Paul,you are always invited helping me with my hustling business.

"Pssst,signed copies of a Bowie book! buy two and you will get a free Jaffa cake on top!"

Northhampton? your family will love you,Paul.nothing more exciting than visiting a shoe factory.

cheers, fre$co.a 2268 will set you back exactly 299,-€,that includes measuring your feet,numerous espressi,some Laphroaig 10 whiskey,saucy jokes and a pair of socks.

my pleasure to serve you,Sir.

i definatley want a signed one Paul, but i gotsta wait a couple of weeks cause ive just had the motherload of bills all dropped on me at once

today we used a break in the weather to go out and weed our much neglected garden

hatch6.jpg

hatch7.jpg

of course sausage (pronounced so saggy) came out to inspect the clearance

hatch8o.jpg

then did what cats do in dirt

hatch9.jpg

then went off to catch mice in the neighbours overgrown lawn

hatch10.jpg

then it rained so we are back inside working on a wedding dress that we couldnt care less about

Not Black Locus? I hope you're putting them 3 feet deep. Post pics of the first wash.

this is probably one of my favorite threads. Everyone is positive. And next time please let my join!

Hmmm I've never heard of Black Locust before, I wonder if it is not indigenous to the UK.

Fence posts are 4 inch square, about 15 inches deep in concrete and 3 foot high. I was assured this would be sufficient. I don't want to hear about the inadequacies now!

Roys are dripping on the line now, it will be tomorrow at the earliest for them to be dry.

Hmmm I've never heard of Black Locust before, I wonder if it is not indigenous to the UK.

Fence posts are 4 inch square, about 15 inches deep in concrete and 3 foot high. I was assured this would be sufficient. I don't want to hear about the inadequacies now!

Roys are dripping on the line now, it will be tomorrow at the earliest for them to be dry.

Maybe it's not in the UK...

when I was a kid I had to dig 3 feet deep on line posts and 6 feet deep on end posts... all tamped down with earth... 3 feet above ground on line posts and 5 feet above ground on end posts. if you were lucky you got maybe 2-3 posts dug per day... Then after I moved out, my dad bought a tractor with a hold digger attachment... made it a heck of a lot faster.

How the hell do you dig a six foot deep hole small enough to sink a post? How wide would the hole be?

We have a foot of top soil then it is heavy clay here which is quite nice to dig except for the flint rocks everywhere.

why a post hole digger and a huge metal post hole digger and tamping tool of course. Where we lived we had top soil down to about 9 inches, then clay dirt, rocks. The hole would be about 9 inches around the size of the post which was probably 9 inches also. End posts where closer to a foot or more. So when the post hole digger disappeared into the hole, it was deep enough. I could drop into the end post holes. My dad wanted the fence to last forever. Black Locus is a super tough, water resistant, bug resistant wood that really has no equal when it comes to fence posts. It's also bright yellow when fresh cut.. sorry to go on about digging fence posts.... back to the denim

My life is quite boring lately so i can't keep up and entertain the thread as other members, very talented btw. And as i am packing, unpacking, choosing what is in and what will end up in the trashcan, i find a lot of memories in my shit.

first thing i would like to share with you are those pics. i used to live in Tahiti for 5 years, coming back in Europe not a long time ago.

so here they are. many memories for me and hopefully some good shots for your eyes.

5502866279_f9f5f2b49d_z.jpg

this is the landing on Raiatea. i used to take that plane every two weeks for my job. one hour flight from Tahiti.

5503451896_1f3311fc18_z.jpg

view from Moorea. You got Tahiti in front of you. Ia Orana Tahiti. (Hello Tahiti)

5503452604_ee7d6c183f_z.jpg

my son, 3yo on that pic, now 8 godamit. time flies.

5502864943_7f2aa45d8d_z.jpg

my other son in my car. best car in the world btw,

5502869113_bb8a4cfe3a_z.jpg

my house

5502868201_19ecd7d5e5_z.jpg

papayes, (i dont know the name in english) . kids dropped seeds over the balcony, 4 months later we had 5 plants 4 meters high.

5503455772_a3ef7429a0_z.jpg

Tiare flower, Tahiti's emblem. once you smell one you are addicted for life.

5503453904_d8a59af7d6_z.jpg

touching a ray is an extraordinary experience. one of the softiest skins in the world.

5502868607_b5230a6850_z.jpg

some other flower i had in my garden

5502866817_88a2f1e39a_z.jpg

thats all folks

That's a great quote Doc, you should contact Landrover and see if they want to buy it off you. Love Landrovers.

[edit] cant rep but nice pix of tahiti btw.

well i think they know it already. Legendary famous for that. but hell i liked that car. to the point i never bought one after selling it. ...

land rover defender 90..... quality is shit but performances outstanding

The vehicle I daydream about owning here, rather than my little mid-'90s Rav4 (though this little sucker routinely impresses me with its accomplishments!).

If you can share - what were you doing that had you in Tahiti for 5 years?