The Flat Head

LFC4ever

sorry for the noob question...I got a pair of BSP size 32...they are pretty cool but the waist is already pretty tight pre-soak, am I screwed ? I'm wearing a pair of size 30 F310 and they are tighter in the waist then I like them to be~

should I size up 1 or is there a chance that the waist will stretch out more then what they are right now?? I'm a skinny guy with a gut, always a problem with fitting

thanks all in advance

Am I the only one who has a heck of a time getting to the top fly button? It's located so close to the top button, I sometimes just leave it undone.

Compared to a couple other pairs of jeans I have with four fly buttons, the BSP's top button is way the hell closer to the main closing button... my fingers are all gnarled now... me thinks the jeans should have had 3 buttons instead due to the lower rise.

sorry for the noob question...I got a pair of BSP size 32...they are pretty cool but the waist is already pretty tight pre-soak, am I screwed ? I'm wearing a pair of size 30 F310 and they are tighter in the waist then I like them to be~

should I size up 1 or is there a chance that the waist will stretch out more then what they are right now?? I'm a skinny guy with a gut, always a problem with fitting

thanks all in advance

If the waist is tight presoak then yes you are screwed.

when you soak your jeans, the fibers in the waistband should soften up and be more willing to stretch. Mine were tight pre soak, but i put them on as they were drying and pushed them down more onto my hips to stretch it out, fits fine now.

Compared to a couple other pairs of jeans I have with four fly buttons' date=' the BSP's top button is way the hell closer to the main closing button... my fingers are all gnarled now... me thinks the jeans should have had 3 buttons instead due to the lower rise.[/quote']

same thing with mine, but it eventually stretches out well. i wore mine when they were drying and buttoned it, so i think the fabric stretched out well.

Not to end the love affair going on with the BSPs, but I'm curious: does the leg opening on the 3001/F310 shrink much after a hot soak?

Anywhere from 1 to 2 centimeters depending on the temperature of the soak.

I wanna see the post soak measurements on a 28

Not measured after a soak…so take waist measurement and thigh measurements with a grain of salt since it's stretched a smidgen…

Waist: ~28"

Thigh: ~10"

Front rise: 9"

Knee: ~7.2"

Hem: exactly 6" (15.24cm)

i got a size 29, hope they aren't that skinny haha

i sized up one, i'm wearing a size 28 F310 now and love them although i would like a lot more taper from knee down, and the thigh size is pretty bang on but could be a touch wider.

i'm also a 28 in nudie slim jims (which i consider a perfect fit on me with my pair of dry black coateds) and grim tims, so hope a 29 gives me what i want.

i got a size 29, hope they aren't that skinny haha

i sized up one, i'm wearing a size 28 F310 now and love them although i would like a lot more taper from knee down, and the thigh size is pretty bang on but could be a touch wider.

i'm also a 28 in nudie slim jims (which i consider a perfect fit on me with my pair of dry black coateds) and grim tims, so hope a 29 gives me what i want.

the thigh is probably the most loose part of the jeans, so i wouldnt worry.

my jeans have been sweat-soaked from just walking to and from class everyday. swamp asssss jeanzzzzz

my F310 have been soaked twice today :( walked to uni and it was heavy rain, about 15 minutes with rain dripping off my head in the end, and then on the way home, off the train and a 2 minute walk to my car in the heaviest rain of the year.. both the front aswell... definately not the weather for dry denim, i'm turning everything i touch into blue today :(

definately not the weather for dry denim, i'm turning everything i touch into blue today :(

oh get over it, little bit o' indigo never did anybody wrong

oh get over it, little bit o' indigo never did anybody wrong

Right, besides, if the indigo will fall from a pair of jeans, it won't be too hard to clean it out of whatever you stain with it.

My BSP experience (hopefully this helps diffuse some of the haziness regarding sizing):

1. Ordered BSP's in sz33 since that's what was recommended by SE over the phone. I previously owned F310's in sz31 and while they fit fine' date=' there were times I wished I sized up to get more room in the thighs.

[/quote']

Do you mind posting a fit pic of your 3001's next to that of your BSP's? You'd make my day.

sized up 2 on mine...post soak, could barely get the top button done...glad i didnt return for a size smaller like i was gonna...although the inseam is quite long...looks like im gonna have to hem (im only 5'8)

well heres a shot of my 34's post soak

cottonduck, im glad i took your advice and kept these rather than sizing down...post soak they were nearly impossible to button so i can only imagine how i would have fared with a size 33...stacking is intense and will likely need to hem...ill give it a week and figure out what i want to do

DSCF2950-1.jpg

If I'm mid-way between a 29 and a 30 in Skull 51010 6X6 (29s probably would've stretched out enough eventually), would I be better off with a 30 or 31 in BSPs given that I want a relatively slim fit and do not have large thighs?

If I'm mid-way between a 29 and a 30 in Skull 51010 6X6 (29s probably would've stretched out enough eventually), would I be better off with a 30 or 31 in BSPs given that I want a relatively slim fit and do not have large thighs?

I'd go for the 31... doesn't sound like you'd fit into the 30 if you're inbetween 29 and 30 in the 5010.

hi kiya..my question is pretty similar to the previous question Hey had ask, but i wana be sure. Pls bear with me...i'm wearing a size 31 for Skull 5010XX 6X6...it gets slightly roomy on the waist due to expansion but still ok and comfy (my real waist is 32, inseam 30). What size should i get for BSP and what length should i hem it to if shrinkage length has to be consider? Btw, is BSP raw indigo denim? thanks kiya

I have a small butt and a pair of thin thigh.

hey, can you please put up your post-soak measurements? BiG style including knee measurement if possible.

also, how did u soak (hot, cold, etc.)?

will + rep...

i would love to post the post soak measurements but im at my college dorm and dont have anything to measure with

however, in the spirit of being helpful, i will send you a pm with as much detail as i can, including pre and post soak shots...hope this will help

if anyone else would like to see pre and post soak shots of sized up 2 se05bsp, feel free to pm me...if enough people do ill just throw them up in the thread

^ I think it would be safe to say there would be many interested in seeing your fit pics. Afterall, this is a denim message board....more info, the better.

truth...fair enough...well heres what i can provide for you guys

se05bsp sized up 2 (to a tagged size 34)...40 minute hot soak in the tub, 40 minutes in the dryer, then worn damp

please be advised: i used my school's (dorm) dryer and the thing turned completely blue from the jeans so put them in the dryer at your own risk...i was just looking to shrink them as much as possible...

pre:

DSCF2924.jpg

post (while damp):

DSCF2941.jpg

DSCF2949.jpg

DSCF2950-1.jpg

this morning (2nd wear):

DSCF2958.jpg

they fit my waist pretty much perfectly, with just a touch of room so theyre not squeezing me...they have not been hemmed...i will likely hem them if i can get over to BiG when i get back to the city

this is as much info as i can give you for now but feel free to ask me anything...hope that helps clear up some of the sizing issues, even though i cannot provide measurements

oh yeah...and let me know what you guys think of how they fit