FabGeek you gonna be shooting your portfolio with that?

i was firmly of the belief that film makes for better prints but some prints i had made for an exhibition lately on fiber paper from the 5D turned out alright, if abit dark in the shadow areas...i have a bad habit of tending to underexpose as up to now i've been mostly looking at my pictures on the comp screen

310820111409.jpg

Thanks man! Yeah, there will be some more... I took probably about 400 over the past 3-4 days. Will post up some more tomorrow when I finish sorting through the ones I like and don't like. Btw, your rep is 666 haha.

haha i know, i hope no one reps me again so i can keep it!

Love it^

I just recently got into shooting film and i really love it. I've had a dslr for years but i didn't really feel the urge to go out and shoot. But yeah here are a few of my pictures i've taken. I'm no photographer or anything i just enjoy it.

Taken with me ae--1

1919q.jpg

2424l.jpg

taken with my Minolta Hi-matic 7s rangefinder

1212el.jpg

2323m.jpg

Follow my photoblog if you dig'em? http://ESTAsnaps.tumblr.com

that minolta looks good. never heard of it but i googled it and it sounds cool.

i've thought a lot about it and theres two main reasons i like shooting film. first being that when I shoot a roll of film and get the negatives or prints or whatever you do it just feels more valuable as a physical thing. they feel a lot more special to me that way, like i have a physical connection to them. especially when i get the chance to do it all myself in a darkroom.

also, i'm generally a lot more forgiving with my film photos than i am with my digital photos. when i'm shooting digital i know that there's so much stuff you can do with lights and you can get the exposure just right every time with test shots and shit so it pisses me off when i can't get something to turn out just the way it is in my head. with my film i try my best and shoot it and take it in the darkroom and kinda say "well, it is what it is" and find the exposure i think is best for it. but this is all basically because i'm not really any good at photoshop and it pisses me off.

natural light all day. man sorry im rambling im high as fuck

words of truth Connor. I want to get a good printer like in my photo class and see if that helps with the connection but it's almost like disposable in digital. I don't know if it's because I paid for those pictures or that it's like a suprise seeing how they turned out and proud of the ones that actually look good.