you guys are all killing it.

eversuns, the fact that your picture is of the sun adds delicious layers of creamy meaning to that shot for me. also definitely that first one.

joelz as usual sick architectural work.

everyone else: DAAAAAMMMNNNNNN

p.s. japaslavian, that's some great work with your 7d. love how it feels like provia.

thanks RAndR - you also win for most confusing rep statement in the history of ever "I AM LOOKING AT YOU AND FEELING MY TEMPERATURE RISING" - it took me far too long to realize what it was talking about it.

seconded on japaslavian ... i really need to look getting at a polarizing/ND filter, those colors are just amazing

thanks RAndR - you also win for most confusing rep statement in the history of ever "I AM LOOKING AT YOU AND FEELING MY TEMPERATURE RISING" - it took me far too long to realize what it was talking about it.

seconded on japaslavian ... i really need to look getting at a polarizing/ND filter, those colors are just amazing

haha as soon as I sent it, I realized how that came off as a really, really inappropriate rep comment but it was too late. HAHAHA

The Pol filter is fantastic. I use one on my nikon 50mm, and it makes images so sick.

started shooting film recently, these are some shots from my first roll and my first attempt at developing b/w.

super grainy i know.

5148079501_7451ef709c_z.jpg

5148915903_4d4026808c_z.jpg

5149541518_8dac077277_z.jpg

rodinal + rollei 400s + olympus xa4

they turned out extremely grainy and there was no definition in the dark areas (partly my fault didn't compensate for the sky)

as i'm a complete noob at this, anyone know why the grain is so pronounced?

I'm thinking it might be because i used shit film or because i didn't develop them properly?

well, one thing i'd recommend is using a small brush to get dust off. that's the biggest thing i'm noticing at the moment. there is dust on every shot you posted. but keep at it, shit is still tough for me.

Thanks guys! :D

But yeah, I fully endorse neutral density filters, and especially graduated ND filters (which I still need to invest in, but I haven't picked up a square filter mounting system yet...). Me and my B&W #110 3.0 are pretty much inseparable.

:o and here was me thinking they were defects in the film.

but yeh I'm defo going to be developing a ton more, i can see this shit becoming quite addictive.

then there's printing to learn as well...

It is quite addicting. Printing especially. I found it very therapeutic minus the frustrations of using a busy college darkroom. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a darkroom anymore, so film has been pushed to the side. I always did find film printing much more forgiving than digital post-processing, just a lot a trial and error.