first roll from my new Rolleiflex. still figuring that thing out. trying to compose the image backwards is strange, and centering things is weird as well.

caught him mid blink... heh

3451993438_583399a25a.jpg

anyone got any tips for composing portraits and things with a square format like this? is the subject in the center a good idea? or does that look too.... well... centered?

3451993586_f423a24c0f.jpg

3451993712_332f00eb01.jpg

3451175423_cc786bc215.jpg

The nikkor f1.2 new is like 450-500. Have any equipment u dont use that u can sell? save up. Im in the process of selling all my digital equipment.

the f/1.2 can be used for low light candids, low light street-style photography, still photography, and anything else really. i find myself using the shallow depth of field quite a bit. But its really how the photographer utilizes his equipment. Its also has superior image quality, the build and focusing is as good as it gets hands down.

the f/1.2 can be used for low light candids, low light street-style photography, still photography, and anything else really. i find myself using the shallow depth of field quite a bit. But its really how the photographer utilizes his equipment. Its also has superior image quality, the build and focusing is as good as it gets hands down.

-I try to shoot wide open as much as possible...

I have a Sigma 30mm f1.4 and I rarely like to shoot wide-open albeit it is sharp. I'd much rather keep the aperture at the lens' sweet-spot for a good center/edge sharpness as overly bokeh'd shots aren't necessarily flattering as well imo.

I have a Sigma 30mm f1.4 and I rarely like to shoot wide-open albeit it is sharp. I'd much rather keep the aperture at the lens' sweet-spot for a good center/edge sharpness as overly bokeh'd shots aren't necessarily flattering as well imo.

well said, that's exactly my opinion too. (btw. i also use the same lens on my canon)

^^^ yeh word, I'm using it on my Canon 50D... my co-worker just bought one for her D80 as well. The price is pretty good, performance is more than respectable.

After the 50mm f1.8 the Sigma was 2nd prime but I liked it enough to start the process in selling my Canon 17-55mm f2.8. That lens is just way too big (with our without hood) for every day use.

1.4 on my summulix and 2.0 on my summicrons are sharp as hell.

-try the canon L series 50/1.2 and you will be surpriced

btw its not all about the bokeh...:D

Lenses like the Leica glass you mentioned and some of the Canon L series like the 35L, 85L and especially the 200 2L are not only good wide open but usually sharper say at f 2.8 than other lenses and both color and contrast are also better across the board.

I shoot a good deal of thngs faster than 2.8 with the 200 2L I shoot wide open a lot....

Lenses like the Leica glass you mentioned and some of the Canon L series like the 35L, 85L and especially the 200 2L are not only good wide open but usually sharper say at f 2.8 than other lenses and both color and contrast are also better across the board.

I shoot a good deal of thngs faster than 2.8 with the 200 2L I shoot wide open a lot....

thats right...

im not talking shit about the sigma´s as they by all means are good value for money, but Ive never regretted buying canon L series...and IMO the difference is easy to spot.