How did you get the first two and the last one look so slick? Is that a post-processing filter or something? or is it an external lightsource?

nope, no processing and just natural lighting, I usually have the sharpness on my camera settings pretty high though

nope, no processing and just natural lighting, I usually have the sharpness on my camera settings pretty high though

This is dumb and you will get lots of annoying artifacts in your photos. ALWAYS ALWAYS SHARPEN VERY MINORLY AND ONLY IN PS / LR / ETC because their sharpening algorithms are substantially better than other programs and makes a noticeable difference.

img1318c.jpg

This is cool but I'd like to see the focus be more on the entire leaf full of droplets rather than simply the few and the background. Your bokeh is messy and detracts focus but the idea is cool.

plow.jpg

Sorry but I really don't like this composition. I'm very happy to see you posting everyday but this composition looks very weird for a cool object and the shadow inside the plow is quite annoying. Lighting seems good on the top half though - would love to see a few more pics from this set if you've got them!

This photo is over sharpened in my opinion...does anyone know why?

baseball001.jpg

Marshal, I think they are a bit over saturated, especially the portraits

This is dumb and you will get lots of annoying artifacts in your photos. ALWAYS ALWAYS SHARPEN VERY MINORLY AND ONLY IN PS / LR / ETC because their sharpening algorithms are substantially better than other programs and makes a noticeable difference.

hmm... noted

This photo is over sharpened in my opinion...does anyone know why?

baseball001.jpg

notice the black glow around him (I'm sure there's a term for this), makes it look like he's photoshopped in, plus it's not a very crisp picture to begin with (blurry hands)

I always get the halo like that when i over "clarify" an image in paint shop pro. i cant exactly figure out what "clarify" does. i guess its a way to gain somewhat lost details in shadows and highlights (hypothesizing). just noting - i think the halo is very annoying personally.

edit: maybe clarify has something to do with edge contrast to make things stand out from a background. fuck idk.. hahaha

very nice. almost got some M.C. Escher patterns going on

thanks man - i did shout out to the seagulls "pull an M.C. Escher for me"... guess it worked!

On a serious note - if you plan on taking a holga to a desert try and load it with film BEFORE you get there - the sand is super fine and i thought it had jammed my clicker thing open a couple of times.