i usually take and process between 25-200 photos a week, depending on jobs and all, so i have a bit of practice.

have you tried adobe lightroom? i can't say i have, but i've heard from several people that it's useful for large batches.

also, USM is my hero. what's the purpose of going into Lab Color mode, though? i use that mode when i bump curves, but i guess i never learned what it does overall...

have you tried adobe lightroom? i can't say i have, but i've heard from several people that it's useful for large batches.

also, USM is my hero. what's the purpose of going into Lab Color mode, though? i use that mode when i bump curves, but i guess i never learned what it does overall...

going into the lightness sharpens the levels, i guess, and not the specific tones of the colors? that's what i was told, just a precaution. and i batch edit in photoshop, i just make simple actions and do 100 at a time. i've not heard great things about lightroom, plus cs3 has a ton of new photog-specific goodies, so i'm going to stick with that.

AIRFROG do you tripod lots? What're your photography habits like? When do you shoot? Do you bring the cam with you all the time?

Does anybody here strobist?

I still use a tripod sometimes but not as much as I used to when I shot medium format.

My habbits are like most photographers its rare for a day to go by where I don't make an exposure or work on images in photoshop. I shoot with the best glass I can shoot with. Primes only and full frame sensors because I shoot allot of wide angle.

I like the sweet times very early or late in the day and I don't bring my cameras everywhere I go.

I use strobes but only when I have to.

BeckhamsDebut593.jpg

BeckhamsDebut528.jpg

BeckhamsDebut442.jpg

BeckhamsDebut587.jpg

they wouldnt let me bring in my telephoto lens so i was workin with a 18-55 and let me tell you it was tough. most of these are cropped. i was sitting 5 rows up to the left of the goal and in the 93rd minute becks came over to take his first corner/free kick. fun game

Shits been driving me crazy. How do you export an photo properly? The picture that I see in Photoshop and Lightroom, is what I like. I then export it to Jpeg in maximum quality, it goes to shit, it has a blue tint on it.

But if I were to open the raw in Photoshop, and do all the adjustments in there, and then do a "Save as..." as Jpeg maximum quality, it looks perfect. But, if I were to crop that image, and then put it in a new frame, and then export it, it gives me the blue tint. I've tried doing a "Save for Web..." but it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Yes, I usually just do whatever was selected for me (which is Adobe RGB), but that gives me bad results. I then tried sRGB, and all the other ways, and I still get the same result.

My settings.

Okay first off, you have an anime avatar. That's your first problem.

Secondly, I'd be willing to bet you have 2 or even 3 things trying to manage your monitor's color profiling, and that's probably your issue. you need to fix your monitor color profile and gamma. I'm not going to get into how to do this because your anime avatar pisses me off, and you'll never learn. Figure it out. You may be able to download an ICC profile for your monitor if you can find a forum or something for that model, someone may have posted a EyeOne calibrated profile to install.

sRGB is the best profile for exporting to a jpg.

Okay first off, you have an anime avatar. That's your first problem.

Secondly, I'd be willing to bet you have 2 or even 3 things trying to manage your monitor's color profiling, and that's probably your issue. you need to fix your monitor color profile and gamma. I'm not going to get into how to do this because your anime avatar pisses me off, and you'll never learn. Figure it out. You may be able to download an ICC profile for your monitor if you can find a forum or something for that model, someone may have posted a EyeOne calibrated profile to install.

sRGB is the best profile for exporting to a jpg.

hmm but wouldn't the monitor's color profiling affect everything, not just a differently saved/compressed image? the unsaved image looks normal but the jpg ends up different. would this mean that the problem is in photoshop or the compression..?

I have no idea cause I dont know too much about these so I'm just throwing guesses :o