is that near the greenwood pogi?

Sure is champ. Right across the road. Love the location. Greenwood also has one of the best Japanese restaurants and also it has the Sounds event. :)

Lots of pretty, rich girlies there tho. :D

not to rain on your parade but the bokeh on that lens is terrible. digital cameras have barely any, ever, i find, which is disappointing i guess but only if you shoot digital.

sorry but it seems like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? maybe you should look into the topic a bit? :confused:

I like your photos SOL, and your waywt pics are really clean as well. keep it up.

couple of random walking-home-drunken-type late night shots:

random11.jpg

random12.jpg

many of the pics I took with the new lens ended up being a bit fuzzy, a problem I've heard of with this lens. so I wanted to compare it to my 16-35 f/2.8 (both taken at ISO 400 and f2.8):

lenstest01.jpg

lenstest02.jpg

the 28mm actually looks slightly sharper based on these.

random13.jpg

sorry but it seems like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? maybe you should look into the topic a bit? :confused:

well some people have different definitions for bokeh. technically, it's the quality of the swirling effect in what falls above or behind the plane of focus. it's best seen in Leica lenses, especially the 50:1. because digital camera sensors stabilize the light so drastically you pretty much can never get really great bokeh. the focus will still be smooth in and out of the plane, but it only gets fuzzy, not really swirled.

maybe you think differently, but that's been my experience.

No, there is a definition and there is shit ppl make up. Digital sensors stabilize light? What cameras are you talking of? Take a photo with an slr and a digital slr with the same settings and same lense and see for yourself.

we can argue about this, but i don't really want to; the fact of the matter is that digital sensors do not read light the same way that negatives do. as such, it would be impossible to take a photograph with an analog camera and a digital one on "the same settings." that's just a foolish statement. DSLRs cannot duplicate the organic quality of light in the same way, and you can argue with me about it but you won't change my mind. digital sensors remove much of the fluidity of light, and organize it in bizarre ways. the best example is to look at a digital photo taken straight-on at the light source closed down to f16 or higher--you'll usually see a strange ringlet of haze/aura, which imo is really very ugly.

i understand that bokeh has a lot to do with the camera's lens, but i'm not just talking about how quickly the focus falls off. i'm talking about how the spiraling of the light's rays is captured on the sensitive film, and with a digital sensor, because the capture is so carefully controlled, that spiraling is minimized. with analog, that spiraling can often be emphasized by the lens to give a nice effect.

i'm also sure you could find some article somewhere that completely contradicts everything i've said, but these are things that i've noticed after shooting with both analog and digital for quite some time, and you can't really argue with personal experience.

many of the pics I took with the new lens ended up being a bit fuzzy, a problem I've heard of with this lens. so I wanted to compare it to my 16-35 f/2.8 (both taken at ISO 400 and f2.8):

lenstest02.jpg

the photo on the right looked like there was a tiny tiny bit of shake.. but really, i feel the grain on the 16-35 is more than the 28. (were you shooting at 28mm focal length?)

your photo of the street junction, however, seems to have grain, but not really in a bad way?

looks like the kinda lens you would use most on a nice bright day tho..

notesee, very nice, especially the last photo.

sol, your photos look very consistent, big plus from my point of view..

the photo on the right looked like there was a tiny tiny bit of shake.. but really, i feel the grain on the 16-35 is more than the 28. (were you shooting at 28mm focal length?)

your photo of the street junction, however, seems to have grain, but not really in a bad way?

looks like the kinda lens you would use most on a nice bright day tho..

yea I think its slightly more grainy, would have to take more test pics to fully determine of course, I just wanted to quickly check it. the 16-35mm pic was taken at 28 aswell.

both outside pics were with the 28mm, but the ISO was 1600 so thats why theres some noise.

nice pics notesee, really like this one:

ximg0268resizedja4.jpg

both outside pics were with the 28mm, but the ISO was 1600 so thats why theres some noise.

1600?! hah.. no wonder.... i think the 28mm prime's looking fine tho.. i'm still waiting to get the 50mm 1.8 that everyone seems to love. i've seen some gorgeous things done with it tho..

the whole hitting the home-made bong with his kid right there is pretty bad dude

but those pictures speak for themselves

wasn' t this from like page 1?!

drivel, i wld have liked the photo more if the awning/roof/whatever of the station would have spanned the entire frame of the photo, instead of ending a little abruptly just before the end of the bottom left section of the photo.. to me, it would have conveyed an idea of more continuity, especially since its a rail station.. alignment cld be worked on, too.. my sincere c.c. so i hope its not taken in the wrong way.

after all, we are posting for one another so we can improve ourselves arent we? oh, i forgot all about that giant green e penis that everyone wants to have. hahha

520371422_7cdb9c25cd.jpg

macaw in mike's garden

513794189_cc7e4250e4_o.jpg

big china biscuit family (literal translation)

i took a photo of the "bakery" because you don't get too see many stores like these anymore.. the local, small enterprises are losing out to cost effective giants of globalization.. go local, kids!

Yeah, it was hobo-free this time too. I got some shots inside but they weren't too interesting. Suprised someone on here recognized it.

Surprised someone posted photos of it. It's a great place to shoot, but I think we're a minority in terms of hometown...

Img18.jpg

Img10.jpg

Img26b.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

(Hello, by the way. I've been a lurker of this thread for a while - really great stuff here.)

This was my first attempt at a panoramic photo. I have shot others, just haven't got

around to stitching them together on Photoshop. Hopefully they will turn out better than

this one.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/SOLISTIK/PAN1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for all the compliments, truly appreciated.

And airfrogusmc, I love your work. Keep it up!