I'd like to start messing with real B&W film, and I dont have the equipment/know-how to develop it myself...

Also, I'd generally like to find a better place to take my film than Costco, should I just look at processing mailers? I don't think there's any good places near me

^^^^^^ Neme, please explain black bar...

You live on mars:??? Neato.

^^^^^^ Neme, please explain black bar...

You live on mars:??? Neato.

masuerte: if i am right... when he printed the photo traditionally(darkroom) he just shadowd meaning covered everywhere except that bar in the photo..

1) exposed the photopaper to the negative

2) put the mask over the exposed photo paper leaving the eyes exposed

3) re exposed the negative

so those eyes have been exposed to more light/negative thus making them darker

nice work! nice little touch on the bar..

i hope im right on how u did the shot.. haha

a little photo montage i did with contacts i did a few years back. mutiple perspectives of a type of house in south east asia, a kampong.

mixmedia-contactsheet prints

*i later put each batch on black stilts so the piece is viewd like ur looking at a plate of food on a table.

enjoy, i hope mods dont delete the img, the medium sz makes the contacts too small.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1063/568003938_0728dd3153_o.jpg

Nice shots, reminds me of the shire from lord of the rings! I love the 50mm lense too. M or AF? Ive got a manual for my nikon, great for concerts

I loved both photos at first sight, but after studying them for a bit, i think they need a tighter crop. The bottom one lacks an eye anchor on the upper right hand corner and the top one needs something going on in the bottom left. maybe not something going on, but more than blur/ lack of information.

good job nonetheless. i loved the dramatic depth of field