Ilford SFX200 (@ 200, w/ B+W 091 filter. Not true infrared).

7541114030_59a654e320_z.jpg

3463836861_4178b16ccf_z.jpg

You ever try underexposing that film and developing accordingly? I shot and dev this at 100iso with a mild red filter. seems to turn out quite nice. more IR effect than if you shoot at 200iso imo. great shots tho.

Edited by rockon99

FP4 - i think something must have happened during developing because FP4 usually isnt this grainy. i kinda like it though

7593429244_3bc0b5f24a_c.jpg

7593428376_2f6f83e009_c.jpg

7593431914_f3334e6368_c.jpg

7593443210_155b740b06_c.jpg

some more,

I've always been pretty fascinated with hair

7593435462_b68ccc9d68_c.jpg

7593442370_4c8a41fa5a_c.jpg

7593436454_bc9ed63165_c.jpg

This isn't FP4 - its Tri-X 400 shot and dev at 800iso

Edited by rockon99

this is my first time posting in this thread. anyways, i did a quick photoshoot this weekend in miami with a friend of mine who is professional photographer. he was basically just trying to build his portfolio.

here's a quick preview of one of the pics i took which i later photoshopped:

tumblr_m7g1a6gXmB1qzy3i6o1_1280.jpg

(this photo is no way associated with A.P.C. i used a canon t2i with a EF 50mm f/1.2L canon lens. the model is wearing my cole haan sunglasses and my A.P.C. shirt.)

if anybody needs a great photographer in the NJ/NYC area check out my friend, jrpena.com.

Edited by jsouler

Did you adjust the exposure at all for the eyes in the second shot? Love that glow. Think the third pic could've benefit from some as well

I did! I think I overdid it so on my Zenfolio I changed it, but kept it on Flickr because it got explored at like #40. I didn't even think of doing that to the third pic as well, I have 3 different color variations of the 3rd pic though.

I have a bunch more photoshoots coming up so I'm hoping I'll be able to try different techniques with them all.

unsure if this is the correct thread to post, if not, please forgive me.

Been looking into entry dslr lately and came across 4 (canon t4i, nikon d3200, 5100 and 7000). If you have another model in mind, feel free to post.

which would you opt to go with, and why? Most would argue any is fine, and it's the lens I should worry about. I'm just trying to consider other's opinions.

Best,

Edited by kawsneffect

unsure if this is the correct thread to post, if not, please forgive me.

Been looking into entry dslr lately and came across 4 (canon t4i, nikon d3200, 5100 and 7000). If you have another model in mind, feel free to post.

which would you opt to go with, and why? Most would argue any is fine, and it's the lens I should worry about. I'm just trying to consider other's opinions.

Best,

Go with the d7000 if you can afford it. It's definitely not entry level. However , the controls are great and gives you room to grow versus getting another camera down the line

Go with the d7000 if you can afford it. It's definitely not entry level. However , the controls are great and gives you room to grow versus getting another camera down the line

I don't want to clog this thread with my q & a's, but d7000 came out in 10 I believe. Will they release a replacement anytime soon? Is it worth waiting? I'm thinking 2-5 month from now?

Best,

Edited by kawsneffect

I can wait. $1500 is what I would expect from a quality camera, that is if the improvement is drastic. Obviously it's too early to tell, but do you think it's worth it? I'm skeptical because with the money, I'll only be getting the body and kit lens. I'll need to spend a extra k on accessories and better lens somewhere down the line. Is it safe to say this camera could potentially last me a lifetime?

Edited by kawsneffect