whats up with the black on all your shots?? i think it would look a lot better just 16:9 with no black .. looks cheap to me.

Their called borders. And I use them so when I print them out they maintain the 5x7 format. Recently ive been trying not to crop my images though.

^

yeh i took a risk and bought one untested but in good condition. luckily the only problem was with the light seals, easy fix. and yeh It is a bit bulkier than im used to, but not too heavy.

putting some superia through it now to see how it deals with colour. I'm liking it so far, cheers for the recommendation man.

some great shots on the last few pages...

so i finally got my christmas-present, a nikon d5000 incl. 18-55mm lense...

any recommendations or things i need to know before shooting...?

is it healthy for the camera when shooting in freezing temperatures?

thx in advance

the battery won't last as long as on a warm day. be careful when you were outside for a couple hours and then go indoors with the camera. the glass will fog up and if you're really unlucky some of the circuits might hotwire or the area between lens and body might get fogged up.

so just let the camera warm up in the camera bag or your backpack, depending on how you're carrying it