Hey guys, here are some pics I'd like to get opinions on. No they aren't mine, they were all taken by my father.

The thing is, he spends all of his time travelling or in his dark room and never really get time to display his work outside of our house nor does he use internet a lot. I admire his work and he is a true inspiration for me, but I realize there could be a bias, hence why I'd like some comments and opinions from you guys.

Those samples are all scans from a trip to Shanghai and a trip to Vietnam. The square photos were taken with a Mamiya 6MF and the pano were taken with a Noblex.

Thanks!

Shanghai1_2.jpg

Shanghai1_8.jpg

Shanghai2_6.jpg

Vietnam1_2.jpg

Vietnam1_3.jpg

Vietnam1_5.jpg

Vietnam2_1.jpg

Vietnam3_1.jpg

Vietnam3_3.jpg

great stuff guys!

xcol - haha never heard of someone using a nikon lens on a canon body ( i'm a noob), didn't know that was possible.

dijjonnaise - they look really good. i'm going to shanghai for 3 months next year and it is photos like that(!) I want to take. photos with a nice story

@kromophobic: great portraits i dig on that halffaced table pic. nahh im not published, i soon will be though..... in time ha! the only thing i got reputable is me shooting for Kim Kardashian's workout contest http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-search.fcgi?blog_id=13&tag=Kim%20Contest&limit=20&IncludeBlogs=13 ha

@Rob060: yah ive been doing that a lot hah, works well on a bright day, great pic btw

@thaiison: yah they got nikon -> canon adapters

@thaiison: yah they got nikon -> canon adapters

i'm kinda a noob with equipment as well, i have what i have, and havent taken the time to get better stuff..

do they make nice lenses that fit late 70s minolta camera bodies? i feel like i should just get a canon body haha

here are a few more i took while in japan. i carry my camera everywhere, but it's just a hobby for me and i just started to really get into it about 6 months ago so i'm kinda learning on the fly. anyway, here are some i liked.

4377133120_9e13f1b620.jpg

4376455793_be9c05a3d3.jpg

4377128296_d55d56b898.jpg

4376401589_f0d8f7c7bb.jpg

4377139004_af72c3c59d.jpg

4377152430_7bf51bc940.jpg

i'm kinda a noob with equipment as well, i have what i have, and havent taken the time to get better stuff..

do they make nice lenses that fit late 70s minolta camera bodies? i feel like i should just get a canon body haha

sorry, i have no clue hah i just know of nikon fitting canon and older film canon lenses fitting on the 5d

great pics in all these pages. sick stuff

This may belong in the DSLR thread, but I'll ask anyway. You shooting 5D? How do you like it? I've been thinking of going FF for awhile, mostly to be able to use my 24-70 as a 24. It's just not wide enough on my crop sensor. However, I don't know if I'd lose anything resolution wise? I like to print large and the 50D has been pretty damn good. Also don't know if the slower/older interface would drive me nuts... Been considering MF setup with a digital back as well...

This may belong in the DSLR thread, but I'll ask anyway. You shooting 5D? How do you like it? I've been thinking of going FF for awhile, mostly to be able to use my 24-70 as a 24. It's just not wide enough on my crop sensor. However, I don't know if I'd lose anything resolution wise? I like to print large and the 50D has been pretty damn good. Also don't know if the slower/older interface would drive me nuts... Been considering MF setup with a digital back as well...

love it. but im only coming from a background of owning a rebelxt to now a 5d. im sure youll still retain the quality you want with a outdated 5mk1 FF but damn if your thinking medium format with a digital back then forget the dslr

first time trying high dynamic range. combines several exposures (under/over exposed) to get as much detail as possible. the intense color saturation can sometimes get a lil cartoony, but it works really well for some. chose some easy compositions fro the first time. was fun to do tho, and now that i know how it works, ill have a better understanding of what to look for next time.

alley2_blog.jpg

apartments2_blog.jpg

dumpster2_blog.jpg

parkinglot_blog.jpg

rooftop2_blog.jpg

saltpile_blog.jpg