what are you reading today?

almondcrush

n126527.jpg

Just finished this yesterday! Got a bit slow towards the middle, but I loved it. Fuck Madeleine is a bitch. Haven't hated a character as much as her in ages. Overall though I think I prefer my first introduction to Bellow - The Adventures of Augie March.

Oh rough man. I wouldn't go that far for his books. They tend to be easily accessible and make for good subway read. The books pretty decent so far. It's not going to win any awards but I bet someone has already hundreds of thousands for the movie rights. I tend to flip back and forth with my ready between mindless simple books like this or the latest Dan Brown crap and more serious and thoughtful books.

not to be a dick, but how did you know it was dense if you hadn't even started it?

and what do you think of it now? have always liked that book. but I prefer The Gambler.

Didn't mean to come off as a dick. I read the first page, my dad always told me to do that when I was younger, to see if I would like it. I'm not a very good reader, so at first it was a little bit exausting to read. I've gotten used to it though and I really like it. I'm starting to read the "Classics" because I never did when I was younger.