ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Wow, thanks guys - this is amazing! Sorry for the delay in replying - it's summer holidays here at the mo so I've been away at a bach (holiday home) for 10 days without an interent connection, so I've just come home to find out this great news!

Cheers Ande for putting on this competition, even though there were only a handful of online contributors I'm glad that all 21 of us were able to help you out and hope things are back on track after the destruction of your old workshop.

Thanks to all the other regular posters: corpralclegg, robotbox, UkeNo, Grooveholmes, Festival, Noodle36, Ntkt10, and PhilipOng with whom I shared this journey with - it was great to see what interesting things you guys got up to and how all of your pairs evolved over the year - it's been a great ride and everyones pair turned out great in the end!

Thanks to all the judges for taking time out to contribute to this competition, especially to the ones who voted for my pair.

And finally, and rather importantly thanks to my lovely girlfriend whom I met a month into this thing (and thought I was crazy for participating in such a competition) for being very flexible in dealing with the 'negative aspects' of me trying to wear my pair on as many occasions as possible while washing them as little as possible.

UkeNo, I agree, let's not let the updates end here... luckily I took my pair with me while I was away so here's another celebrational update.

1/ We went to the coromandel and stayed at Wharekaho (Simpsons Beach) which is about 2.5 hours drive from Auckland - we were staying about 5 mins walk from this spot and went for swims daily - sorry, the panorama is a bit warped but you get the idea!

2/ Good old prawns on the bbq - always a winner for summer.

3&4/ To celebrate New Year's Eve we went to a music festival called Coro Gold (which was only 2kms away) where we saw Cut Copy, Black Sun Empire and De La Soul perform live.

5/ One day we took a day trip to Hahei which I think has one of the nicer 'accessible' beaches in New Zealand.

6/ And finally a shot of the jeans in action on NYE2013 - sweet!

awcontestnye2013.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah - I dont quite have it yet, but do plan to share some pics once it arrives.

(I still haven't replaced my digital camera so will have to work something out)

Ande posted it last week so I should hopefully receive it on Monday (fingers x'd),

which will double up as a nice birthday present :)

Watch this space....

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay but today I finally had the chance to take some photos of my amazing Prize - a Grizzly 'long arm version' Jacket!

Due to my frame, I fitted the medium size but after receiving one from Ande, I could see the bones of my wrist poking out from the ends of the sleeve. Luckily for me, Ande has designed another version of the Grizzly with an extra 2 inches on the sleeve.

He did say that the patterns are all ready to go but hasn't updated his Website yet with this option as he is waiting for a new denim roll to arrive. I would have loved to have been able to take a fit pic, but I currently have a cast on my wrist after injuring some ligaments during boxing training so can't fit my arm into the sleeve at the mo, but will try and take some pics in a month or so when it comes off.

This thing looks amazing, the craftsmanship is paramount with so many small details that I keep discovering.

awgrizzly.jpg

Thank you very much Ande, I look forward to wearing it once my wounds heal! (and once the weather cools down a bit)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
5 Years of the Comeback Specials.

Still being worn occasionally - some preservation work required.

IrWQS4Tl.jpg

BDcPZO3l.jpg

Details:

YJ1AXNEl.jpg

4SBgOkKl.jpg

oAsgJELl.jpg

gOb7rcgl.jpg

Thanks

(Edit: not sure what imgur has done to these, but the chroma/colour is dumbed down from the originals)

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...