motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

I forgot to mention this in my last post. You're going to hate those tires after your first ride. The tread grabs every straight line in the road and follows it, especially if the roads are grated for drainage. You'll be fishtailing all over the highway.

If my tire didn't cost $126 I'd swap it for something without straight or zig zag lines. So let this be a caution for anyone wanting champion deluxe tires.

Ed, if you're going to venture into the world of building a motorcycle, you need to learn how to take criticism. Actually, let me rephrase that. If you want to be a human being that interacts with society, you need to learn how to take criticism.

Is that gold plating on your tank and fender? What was your inspiration for color on this bike?

Also, I thought Yamaha's like these ran on a oil in the engine kind of technology, hence, no need for an external oil tank.

When you get over that pipe set up cut off the upsweep and send it to me.

come on man

anyways this is te sr400 not the oil in tank budget models

backbone is made of black iron tempered steel so " i think" will hold will check after the first couple of rides

ok let me know what you need man i can send you some elbows and pipes or watever just pay for the shipping tons of stainless steel/ black iron steel at the shop

look at what i picked up from ebay. *huge enduro alloy race tank. somomabitch is huge!!! it was made for a cb750, but will fit with a bit of trimming to the mounts on the bike frame. *its just sitting on there for the pictures. will sit a bit lower once seat is trimmed (or new seat...).

47274_983084368988_10708005_52316864_3943338_n.jpg

59989_983083395938_10708005_52316836_1656332_n.jpg

60549_983084259208_10708005_52316859_6898204_n.jpg

59849_983084284158_10708005_52316861_2810973_n.jpg

old tank and seat are going on to my 650!!

holy shit, that tank is huge.

I was able to make it about 80 miles on my 2.8 gallon today, but then I coasted down a mountain without the bike on for about 15 miles or so.

this thing holds 8.45 gallons!!!! thats more than some cars. didn't realize when i bought it, but i'm perfectly happy with it.

i should turn some of it into a glove and document compartment (10)

Just learned how to ride for the first time today. So much fun.

Isn't it the best? Nothing compares.

Does anybody have any knowledge on wiring horns? I'm looking at you denim phenom. I have only ever used stock horns or just didn't have one. A friend of mine has a set of hella supertones from a police auction bike but the wiring is just gone.

The wiring harness should have two wires for the horn. One that gives it power and another that activates the horn itself.

Mine has three spade prongs on it. One was the ground, the other two were for the power wire and the "horn" wire. That's just for my horn.

I looked up the Hella Supertone horn and this dude on flickr posted a picture and the way he grounded it. I would suggest actually crimping the proper spade connector to your wire and then cover it with some shrink wrap.

The guy is using the Hella horn on an Mitsubishi Evolution but i'd think hooking it up to a bike would be the same.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28087162@N00/3177432101/

hey all,

would like opinions/advice on this:

2008 Ducati 695 monster:

front forks and handel bars bent, missing gauge and headlight. everything else in excelent shape, branded title frame not bent,

is it worth it to get and fix for $1500 CAD? thanks in advance