Denim worn over 2 years

jwsach

The ironic thing for me is that the video shows just how beautiful/iconic the Levi's arcs and tab are especially with wear and makes me wish repro brands never had to stop repro'ing them...At least things are starting to ease up lawsuit wise it seems...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've thought about it, for sure, so I guess I should talk to Self Edge or Denim Doctors to see what they could do for them. The damage to the crotch is really extensive - you can't see it very well from those photos. There basically is no crotch. I'll get some detail photos up eventually.

Have you considered taking your jeans to Blue Owl Workshop for your repairs? They have a thread on here, and jaydee who I guess runs it, is a forum member. I like how they don't try to make the repairs look invisible. I know I'd get my jeans repaired there. + rep for those APCs, by the way.

We do both hemming and repair work. Our machines are in Seattle area, so locals can drop denims off or they can be mailed to us. Here are some details:

Hemming: Our hemming is done on a Union Special and we recreate (or in some cases improve) the exact hem using identical thread and thread color done by the manufacture/designer. Cost is $25 per denim and if you purchase denim at Blue Owl at full retail price, we hem for free. For those in the Seattle area, you can drop off at the showroom in Bellevue or we may be able to meet up in Seattle. For those outside of Seattle, you can ship them to the showroom and we ask that you cover the shipping both ways. We ship back via USPS Priority and provide tracking numbers and cost is $10 in US. Here is a link to our website with more information about the Union Special and hemming:

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=1

B.jpgC.jpg

Repairs: We do not believe in recreating what the manufacture created when it comes to repairs, instead, we aim for a lived in look. Denim should show the characteristics of the owner, the wear-and-tear of everyday abuse, and become a living example of hard work. Depending upon the repair needed (location, weight of denim, color of denim, fade locations), we will use either a denim backing of similar weight and color or using a "facing" style backing which is strong white cloth and very soft and comfortable. We do not have structured pricing for repair work, it is basically by bid depending upon the work needed, but generally we charge $25. For instances if you needed a crotch repair and a little touch up to replace stitching around the waist band or pockets, we charge $25. If you are looking for more custom work, then we will need to discuss. Basically, take a couple pictures of what needs to be fixed and e-mail them to me and we will give a price. Here are a couple of repairs to give you an idea:

This is a personal pair of a Mr. Olive washed denim with a repair under the back right pocket:

mrolivebefore.th.jpg

Before

mroliveafter.th.jpg

After

This is another personal pair of a Mr. Olive washed denim (different pair from above). This model orginally had a damage area as part of the design (which was a great touch for this denim and looked great for about the first 8 months) that was right in the middle of the front right pocket which is where I carry my keys. After about 1 year of solid wear the hole grew and here are couple pics of the repair. This is by far my favorite denim and wore easily for 1 year after this repair job and it is holding tight.

mrolivefrontrightpocket.th.jpgmrolivefrontrightpocket.th.jpg

Nudie Dry Cast Regular Ralph crotch repair.

regralphcrotchbefore.th.jpg

before

regralphcrotch.th.jpg

after

Same Nudie Dry Cast Regular Ralph as above. This is a comple reconstruction of the hem. The repair job does not show it in the picture, but the denim used was dry cast Nudie denim and after a bit of wear it should blend pretty well.

regralphhembefore.th.jpg

before

regralfhemrecreation.th.jpg

after

Hemming and Repair work is not something we do to try to make money, this is something we do because we love denim and we want our customers to continue to enjoy some of their favorite pairs of denim for a while longer. The prices we charge are basically our cost in labor and materials to do the service and we try to keep the price as minimal as possible.

These were part of the Levis x Andy Warhol Factory collab a couple years back.. Retailed for $400 at Barneys on some exclusive sh*t (1000 pairs). I picked em up on eBay for $20 bucks in summer of '08 (no joke). They've been part of my general rotation for two years now.

Will post fit pics if requested, the fit is the #1 reason i love these so much. "Tapered Lux" is the name-- Levi's doesn't even make this fit for any other jean as far as i'm concerned. :(

#2 reason is that i'm the only person i know or has ever seen with them!

#3 reason is.. well..

4848776306_99dac60534_b.jpg

4848159953_9b1a6997b1_b.jpg

4848779582_9e5f179ed9_b.jpg

4848163173_0d4e6b3763_b.jpg

4848787708_705700fb47_b.jpg

4848791376_6fab933660_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...