Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone had a problem with hip flaps on samurais from not sizing down enough or is that not an issue with these?

I have jeans that I sized down a lot on that still have it...its more to do with the cut than what size you get.

Noob question.

What would I get if I wanted a straight cut pair of sammies?

How are the 0710s? Are they tapered?

I'm starting to hate my flathead F310 cut.

Something slightly more relaxed would be nice

5000's are a good cut. 710's are tapered slightly, as are the 0500's.

Well, I can confirm that the USAs are a size smaller than normal. The 34s fit very much like my 33 lot 10 S5000VX. They're in the closet while I work on my Denimes. Will be working on the pocket fade round June.

Mine are fairly consistent with my 5000's. I went up a size from a 29 to a 30 and you can tell they're bigger. Perhaps it has something to do with the VX denim stretching so much?

is there a more rough, tough denim out there than samurai? if so, im interested. ive been told that the 19 oz. sam denim is known to be the most rigid in the world. any substantiating reports?

from what ive been told IH and SDA kinda cheated in the 21oz. denim by doubling up the weft yarns instead of doing like nogami-san and just increasing the size of the warp and weft. it kinda makes sense now that the weft(or woof) are also called "filling yarns" samurai is king of denim...IH is barry bonds of denim...

is there a more rough, tough denim out there than samurai? if so, im interested. ive been told that the 19 oz. sam denim is known to be the most rigid in the world. any substantiating reports?

I hate that I can't neg rep you any more. Your baseball analogy in your third post on this page is so bad . . .

FWIW, the stiffer denims I have are lighter weight. The Texas cotton sams at 15 oz are stiffer than anything heavier. Also, it looks like the IH denim goes 2x1 warp/weft horizontally, and 2x1 weft/warp vertically. Quick look shows both to be about equal in thickness, but I lack a micrometer or giving a shit.

Noob question.

What would I get if I wanted a straight cut pair of sammies?

How are the 0710s? Are they tapered?

I'm starting to hate my flathead F310 cut.

Something slightly more relaxed would be nice

yeah the 310 cut is stylish but no too comfortable. the s710 is an awesome cut, a pair tagged the same size as your 310s are tagged will have a higher rise, comfier thighs and a slightly smaller hem than the 310s. same goes for 0500 though its hem will be about the same as the 310s (little bigger than the 310s). 5000s will have a closer rise to the 310s than the others, still have the more relaxed thigh, and the biggest/straightest leg opening of them all

thetruscan, so what youre saying is that its a bad analogy to because IH doesnt "beef- up'' their denim weight, or you just like IH(or steroids), and you went bitch and took it personally. i hate that i dont like someone with an invader-zim based avatar. you are probably the second person hell bent on destroying my rep bar, like i give a shit. didn't you know salaami is the new edmond? get in the loop...

yesterday i soaked my s5000vxs at a little under 6 months they are almost done dying

and dissapointingly there was very little color change or visible differences....

is this uncommon for soaking? i thought that there was supposed to be definate fading while soaking or is that strictly machine and hand washes?

i wear them fairly rigorously generally 5 days a week

am i missing something?

You're definitely not going to lose much indigo just soaking them in water, the motion of a washing machine helps free the dye that has been loosened and crocked off by wearing them. If you soak and don't agitate it will just sit there and most of it will stay in place.

Do not fear the washing machine, your jeans won't melt.

Jus got my bks.. stiff as fkk and i hope the waist stretches cuz it hella shrunk. what do u guys think?

47b8dc07b3127cceb5dde22db6bb00000026102Acs2rVk5asq

lot 10

post wash

47b8dc07b3127cceb5dde643b6d700000025112Acs2rVk5asq

u cant even see them. is that dye or starch? hope i didnt loose any color.

i think that's dye and starch but you cant see the starch because the dye is so much darker than the starch.

That happened because there's stitching on the lining of the pocket to make that fade. I suppose you could do that with any jeans if you took off the pocket and stitched in your own lining with a pattern stitched into it.

An easier way would be to use some cotton twine and some fabric glue onto the inside of your pockets. I actually thought about doing that when I first heard about these inside arcs.

COLLIEPARKSBUBBASPARXXX's pics because i personally dont like clicking links

when you get a chance and decide to wash them, please post pre wash fit pics and post wash fit pics as im interested to see how off the fade patterns will be after wash.

imgp0231hd3.jpg

imgp0232pd9.jpg

imgp0234rq1.jpg

imgp0235ri5.jpg

imgp0236sb9.jpg

imgp0229rw5.jpg

damn, i was going to e-mail BIG last week to see how i could get one of these repair kits, but the need for immediate repair was so dire that i had to actually graft some weft yarns and bits of stitching(along with the thread hoes use to sew in extentions) to make some archaic repairs.if i could get one of these kits, i'll redo my repairs. khoiphan, all i need to know is did you have to pay for shipping or anything?

noob question...how do u do that?? can it be done with any jeans?

I remember someone on here ripping off the patch from an NY yankees hat and sewing it into a back pocket. The results I'm sure you can imagine and hardly need be belabored here. :) There's another brand which produces jeans that have cloth shuriken sewn into the inside of the back pockets.

Point being, you could do this 100 different ways if you were so inclined.