Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just soak that shit; you can't possibly want to walk around with dried sugar product on your pants.

after my experience with the 0500, im not so sure where it lies anymore.

Would one's 0500 size be the same as their 5000vx size? I'm yearning for a pair of the contest jeans, but I've only tried on the 5000's (unwashed) at (one of the 3) Hinoya. As I recall the 30's fit almost ideally pre-wash, so I figured I'd get 31's, but I wonder if I should get that same size in the 0500's.

just soak that shit; you can't possibly want to walk around with dried sugar product on your pants.

after my experience with the 0500, im not so sure where it lies anymore.

i can certainly agree with that...as i have said before, mine really have no taper to them whatsoever and don't seem to be much different than 5000's, other than the denim of course.

I know pretty much all samurais are slimmer, but which models have looser legs. I wanna get in on some of that great denim but i don't like the super slim fits. I'm looking for a non skinny straight fit.

Common models, from slim to loose:

5000/Jin (0110, 0210, etc.)

7000 (or maybe its 7000-3000...I forget)

Look through the thread for pics...5000 is a good non-skinny, but still slim cut. 510 is closer to the classic 501 cut, but without any taper.

Would one's 0500 size be the same as their 5000vx size? I'm yearning for a pair of the contest jeans, but I've only tried on the 5000's (unwashed) at (one of the 3) Hinoya. As I recall the 30's fit almost ideally pre-wash, so I figured I'd get 31's, but I wonder if I should get that same size in the 0500's.

The Zero denim on the S5000VXs stretches a lot, if you tried on a pair and they fit perfectly in the waist raw, buy 'em, soak 'em, wear 'em, and they will stretch a little past raw sizing in the waist after a few days. If you want slight taper, higher rise front and back, and texas cotton, get the 0500s.

Got me some 710s; they already fit nice and snug and slim, but I'm hot soaking them anyway (with a hanger in the waist) just because everyone says to do so. How long should I soak them for?

I know pretty much all samurais are slimmer, but which models have looser legs. I wanna get in on some of that great denim but i don't like the super slim fits. I'm looking for a non skinny straight fit.

Depending on what you're looking for, check out the 5000 or the Jins for something looser (S0110XJ, 0210XJ; Lee and Wrangler repro's respectively). The 5000s are too slim for my tastes, but I have the 0110XJs and love them. The 3000s are looser again, and have some fantastic details, but have to be ordered via proxy or rakuten.