Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

So is the consensus that it's safe to go true to size in the USA's? Or does the level of shrinkage mean I should size up?

I think its safe to go true to size...you could even size down one if you wanted a really slim fit. I wouldn't size up. Ask Gordon at BiG if in doubt though.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its safe to go true to size...you could even size down one if you wanted a really slim fit. I wouldn't size up. Ask Gordon at BiG if in doubt though.

Heh...I called already but they were just opening up and said they'd get back to me. I'm getting impatient though!

any word on samurai spring releases? and any bigger dudes here who wanna start a petition for some special run larger sized shirts? 48 chests anywhere?

I bought a Samurai sweatshirt off another member in size Large...I'd say that it would compare to an american size XS. I'm not sure how their other shirts size up, but make sure you ask Gordon (or whoever) for sizing advice before ordering anything.

I recall Toshiko from Samurai saying that they did produce larger size denim shirts for the American market though, so you might luck out.

Speaking of which, Toshiko moderates this forum:

http://www.ringxring.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=15

You can make suggestions to her there...she's always open to hearing people's thoughts and ideas.

This is a cross post from where I'm trying to sell my Lot 10's in supermarket:

Picture1-1.png

It shows the shrinkage in the legs width and length. According to the measurements, they have shrunk to tag size, BUT, I was advise that they would shrink to the same jeans two sizes below tagged size. I am going to try and measure the same jeans in the shop and see what measurements they were before soak and wash, this should give a better indication of shrinkage.

I guess I'll try to be more specific in what i'm looking for.

waist stretching to about 29" and not much more

thigh about 10.5"

knee- about 8.5"

hem - at least 8" they will be hemmed to about 28" down the inseam.

And I really want to avoid anything with hip flare.

Are there any samurais that fit close to this.

my friends going to japan soon so i'm not limited to the models available in the US.

^those dimensions seem to come closest to the s5000vx to me. others agree?

at that waist size 710s would have a much smaller hem/knee, and 510s hem/knee would be closer to those but then the thighs wouldnt match up.

s0500 maybe? ive never worn them so i cant really say, either those or the s5000 id say. the s5000 has the lowest rise of them all so thatd cut down on hip flare too.

^those dimensions seem to come closest to the s5000vx to me. others agree?

at that waist size 710s would have a much smaller hem/knee, and 510s hem/knee would be closer to those but then the thighs wouldnt match up.

s0500 maybe? ive never worn them so i cant really say, either those or the s5000 id say. the s5000 has the lowest rise of them all so thatd cut down on hip flare too.

I'd say 5000's as well...but you could always look at the measurement charts on BiG's website. I'd focus on the 5000's or the 0500's if you want a slight taper.

lot 10s isnt a model number, whats up with everyone just saying "my lot 10s" lately..

I understand this, but there was discussion on the lot 10 denim, I was just showing examples of shrinkage. These area s5000vx

So I bought a pair of used 710xx from supermarket. I guess they've been worn about two months and have been soaked once and washed once. Since I'm doing the whole take pictures pre/post wash nerd stuff anyway, I figured I would update on here with my s5000vx. The s5000vx are size 27 lot 9 have been washed 3 or four times and are about 17 months old. The 710xx are lot 10 size 30, hopefully the sizing is going to work. I'll probably post fit pictures after washing if you guys are interested.

Jeans_new710.jpg

They are the special edition (anniversary editions or some shit) but they have wire in the pocket to cause this effect. They look awesome, but I don't know how comfortable they would be.

P.S. Those s5000vx's are incredible!

So I bought a pair of used 710xx from supermarket. I guess they've been worn about two months and have been soaked once and washed once. Since I'm doing the whole take pictures pre/post wash nerd stuff anyway, I figured I would update on here with my s5000vx. The s5000vx are size 27 lot 9 have been washed 3 or four times and are about 17 months old. The 710xx are lot 10 size 30, hopefully the sizing is going to work. I'll probably post fit pictures after washing if you guys are interested.

Jeans_new710.jpg

Good stuff, my dude.