Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, i try to be as helpful as i possibly can in this thread, in addition to refraining from bitching when people ask things that are essentially common knowledge if you spend a few hours on this site.

but c'mon guy..

sorry, i couldnt bite my tongue any longer apparently

i swear, as nice as i want to be and helpful, i cant help but want this entire forum to be invite only when every newb comes in asking questions thats been answered in literally every page.

but it saddens me that the samurai thread has become the new APC thread :/

but it saddens me that the samurai thread has become the new APC thread :/

Time for a redux, me thinks. Just like the APC one. There's just too many different styles of Samurai jeans out there. The APC one is like 90% NS and 10% everything else. You'd think that more people would use the S5000 thread more often. I wonder if it's time to lock all of the Sam threads and just start over with a proper one. Most of the pics from the earlier pages are all offline now anyway.

Alrighty, Dino is losing his patience, and he answers most of the questions in here, so I think its time to start pushing the Model Line-up Thread. I've added a section on where Sam's are sold, and the existing posts on models, cuts, jackets, collaborations, etc. etc. are already there. I think most questions would be answered by reading through this thread.

I shuned it before, but I think a general sizing post would be a good thing too. Although its very subjective, I think a "general" advice post would answer a lot of questions. I would need help with that post.

Thoughts?

Link - http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35556

actually i'm a n00b and i was actually even thinking of starting a new thread just like the APC redux thread...

just to maek it more simpler and clean. I like how the APC thread has all the details, for washing and other minor stuff in the first/2nd post....

i agree someone should do something like that

Here are the measurements for 710 sz. 30 lot 10 (yes the tainted batch). I think i got all the shrinkage done. Was hoping for more shrinkage in the waist. They fit perfect in the waist just hope the waist won't stretch too much.

pre / post

waist 15 / 14.25

front rise 11 / 11

rear rise 14.5 / 14

thigh 11.5 / 11

inseam 38 / 36

knee 8.5 / 8

hem 7.5 / 7

Post-soak pics here....... Pre-soak pics are on page 235

DSC01199-1.jpg

DSC01202-1.jpg

hello posted this in small questions but no reply so thought i'd give it a go here is there any who knows if 10th aniversary are texas cotton and if sizing issue affects these i,m after a 36 that shrinks to 36 much appreciated for any help thanks

hello posted this in small questions but no reply so thought i'd give it a go here is there any who knows if 10th aniversary are texas cotton and if sizing issue affects these i,m after a 36 that shrinks to 36 much appreciated for any help thanks

yes it is made from texas cotton. get a 37 with shrinking and stretching that should be the right size.

EDIT: im not sure if they do a 37. you could prob get away with a 36.

So I've been wearing my USAs since Friday and I'm really pleased. The jeans are just beautifully put together...love the details. One minor complaint is that I ended up having to remove the clip on the cinchback because it was poking me in the ass. Since I did that, the work perfect. I really recommend snapping up a pairr.

if your a size 36 just get a freakin 36 ..these will stretch out it doesnt mean that when after soak theyll be tight it doesnt fit you sams will/do/and hell yeah will stertch out so live with it being tight at first.. jesus holy mother of god

does that mean that the 36 tag size will measure 36 raw on 510 10th anniversary if anyone got some much appreciated for information thankyou

usually it means that a 36 tag will measure 36 after wash, but with how strangely the lot 10 has been these might measure 36 raw. who knows these could be lot 11 and then all bets are off.

your guess is as good as mine

ok just a question about my USAs....they fit great on my waist..maybe a little tight...but i still want them a bit more fitted everywhere else..

would u advise against soaking everything but the waist..so i don't see it size down pretty much like 2 sizes down like other people in this thread??...only reason i'm not doing the hanger trick...a hanger will be too small for a sz 38 jean

as well is there any difference from soaking in a hot tub like stretched out or in like my laundry faucet where it's folded up in a small tub??...thanks b/c i just don't want my hot tub to be stained with indigo..

sorry for the noob questions...i posted int he small questions..as well on here...but hard to find your answer throught 230+ pages

you mean they fit fine while raw in the waist? i guess you can try soaking everything but the waist. wiskers might be off later, but that should solve your problem of slimming the legs

ok just a question about my USAs....they fit great on my waist..maybe a little tight...but i still want them a bit more fitted everywhere else..

would u advise against soaking everything but the waist..so i don't see it size down pretty much like 2 sizes down like other people in this thread??...only reason i'm not doing the hanger trick...a hanger will be too small for a sz 38 jean

as well is there any difference from soaking in a hot tub like stretched out or in like my laundry faucet where it's folded up in a small tub??...thanks b/c i just don't want my hot tub to be stained with indigo..

sorry for the noob questions...i posted int he small questions..as well on here...but hard to find your answer throught 230+ pages

You have a 38 too? I had my 38's oxs'd by BiG, but they shrunk down to 35 after another hot wash and machine dry.

Fit pics? I'm curious to see how other people are wearing their 38's. I'll post my own tomorrow.