Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a model that has the same or similar top block as the s5000 cut but is a bit looser from the knee down?

I'd say start with the 110XJ (Jin) Model. It's just about the 5000 but a 1/4" to 1/2" larger from the knee down. Total straight leg madness and incredible denim.

anyone know if 500s in stock at 2nd are part of the "rogue batch?" I think i remember chantheman got some smaller than usual...

i ordered a pair of sz 29 0500s lot 10 from 2nd through cyberpunk about a month ago, as far as i can tell they arent part of a rogue batch. don't quote me on it though...

i ordered a pair of sz 29 0500s lot 10 from 2nd through cyberpunk about a month ago, as far as i can tell they arent part of a rogue batch. don't quote me on it though...

I don't know man, I got mine 3 weeks back, and as you can tell by the fit pics, they somehow seem a lil more loose than I perceived a size 29 to be.

might give it another soak to get any last shrinkage out.

wdyw_143.jpg

^ that was crap advice. sure, they shrink a few sizes, but he failed to mention how much they stretched after.

you should have sized down 1...maybe even 2, although 1 is safer.

I would see what they can do for you...tell them that you got bad advice, and that they're too big. you might get a new pair, or at least a discount off your next pair.

Well just an update, I just went in to see what they could do, got no love. They pretty much said that's what can happen with denim, they can shink a lot, or a little.

Then he told me that the thicker denim tends to shrink less.

Well I could of worked that one out myself, but thanks for the original advice to size up then! Fuck!

Well just an update, I just went in to see what they could do, got no love. They pretty much said that's what can happen with denim, they can shink a lot, or a little.

Then he told me that the thicker denim tends to shrink less.

Well I could of worked that one out myself, but thanks for the original advice to size up then! Fuck!

Don't buy anything there again...they're full of shit.

I don't suppose Bears is close to you? Everything they sell is one-washed (by them if not the company), so there's no guess work. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to sell the pair you have on here...you might have to eat a bit of a loss though.

wooooooooooord.

You had a pair of Jins once, up for sale, what was it again, too big, too small? You took off the back pocket stitching, if I remember.

ANG what up! Yeah I had some Jins and sold 'em cause they were certainly bought too big. Size 33 or 34...I'm a 31 (32 natural waist) in most Samurai models I've tried on (read: the COOLTOTALLYAWESOME ones). They were my first pair of unsanforized denim and I was shook to death of the shrinkage...plus I also sagged my jeans quite a bit back then.

I wish they'd make some Jins with the 710 or 0500 cut...15-17 oz.

They're definitely slimmer than mine.

Quite the lap fading.

Are you saying you sized down 2? Maybe he sized down 3??? Woah nilly.

What did we call those again? Panther something...:confused:

Leopard Ears

Hey, thanks for the comments everyone. The 710xx are now washed and drying at home while I'm at work. I'll probably take some fit pictures tonight. I wear a 28 in most jeans so the lot 9 27 were sizing down about 1, the lot 10 30 should be about true to size (I think). That fit picture was right after I washed them, so they hadn't stretched back out yet. They actually fit a little bit looser.

When I soaked for the first time, and even the second wash, I don't think I fully got the shrink/twist out. Consequently, each time the jeans got tighter and changed a little bit (which is evident in the crazy honeycombs). For this new pair I got, I made sure to do a full machine wash on hot in addition to what the previous owner did in order to fully get the shrink out.

When I soaked for the first time, and even the second wash, I don't think I fully got the shrink/twist out. Consequently, each time the jeans got tighter and changed a little bit (which is evident in the crazy honeycombs). For this new pair I got, I made sure to do a full machine wash on hot in addition to what the previous owner did in order to fully get the shrink out.

Nice. I kinda want the legs below the knee a little tighter.

so i've read through the thread and i guess the general rule of thumb for the s5000vx has been to size down 1 for a regular fit, 2 for a slim fit. i just measured my skull 5010 6x6 tag size 34 and they have stretched to a 36 now (the thighs have become a little too snug). does this mean i should get a tag size 35 in the sam s5000vx then?? thanks!

size down 1 from your regular waist size. basically as a quick rule of thumb whatever measurement they are raw is what they will end up stretching back out to.

this lot 10 messup kinda changes that rule, but for the most part that would be my advice.

size down 1 from your regular waist size. basically as a quick rule of thumb whatever measurement they are raw is what they will end up stretching back out to.

this lot 10 messup kinda changes that rule, but for the most part that would be my advice.

Size down 1 from measured raw or tagged size?

thanks, did you go -1 on your waist or hips measurement for the s5000vx? i thought they're pretty low rise and are slouched.

size down one from regular waist size.

example my true waist is a 30 so i would get a 29 tagged. they should measure 31 raw and after some wear will stretch out to about a 31.

make sense?

anyone else disagree or agree?

Don't buy anything there again...they're full of shit.

I don't suppose Bears is close to you? Everything they sell is one-washed (by them if not the company), so there's no guess work. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to sell the pair you have on here...you might have to eat a bit of a loss though.

After all this I asked about hemming for an interested bidder on the jeans. He said they can do single stitch in the shop, or they would charge me 1000 yen and make me wait a week if I wanted it chain stitched!

I'll be droppin in Bears once I sell these for sure.