Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got these 710's in the mail today (Thanks CyberPunk)!

I have had apc's, julian reds and skulls and these are a million times nicer - i didn't think i'd be this amazed at the denim. INTENSE!

Before i soak them i wanted to know what you all think of the fit, and if you think i should return them and get a different size.

I'm a little bit nervous that they won't be tight enough around the thigh and rest of my leg, but i think they'll be perfect on my waist. what do you all think.

I usually wear 34 or 35's in most stuff. These are S710's Lot 10 tagged 36.

Here are the pre-soak measurements BIG style...

Waist: 35" (smaller than i thought they'd be pre soak)

Inseam: 37"

Thigh: 13"

Hem: 8.5"

CIMG2462.jpg

CIMG2463.jpg

CIMG2464.jpg

Heres my 0500s, I only sized down 1 because I got scarred with the late lot 10 sizing issues. I probably could have got one more size down as after a soak and wearing them they're feeling nicely relaxed, however I love the fit. The denim on these is so slubby, much more than zero denim.

Hey corter, what are the measurements on your thigh at crotch for these post soak. Sorry for asking everyone about thigh sizing, I've been on a search for customer sizing as opposed to big's(13.5 s34) pre wash, and Sam's one wash thigh sizing (11.8-12.2 for size 34?) I know you're a 35 though so I'm checking if I should go true to size (for the thigh) or going down one.

seafinch: after i soaked my lot 10 710s they were perfect in the waist but still quite loose in the thigh. i decided to hot wash them and dry them out in front of my fireplace. the thigh has shrunk considerably and i can only expect more after the next wash. after about 3-4 soaks/washes i think the 710s fully shrink, unless you use the dryer.

my skulls are actually black 5010xx -

they run a bit smaller than the indigo's so i sized up to a 36 -

i've never tried them in indigo, but i assume i'd probably wear a 35.

yeah I have those exact jeans in 35, they are a bit tight in the thigh. i need to get them hemmed again and stretch them out in the thigh, hopefully.

i think as long as the waist isnt too big then they will keep on shrinking with washing. if the waist had fit me better i wouldnt have sold. you could have got your true size and look to stretch the waist but i doubt you would get your thighs in them.

i told you it wasnt an easy process didnt i seafinch.

Seafinch, those look at tad bit big and supposedly the lot 10s don't shrink as much. My 710s could have shrunk more, but I'll just wait for a couple more months to toss them in hot water. Those could pass for 0510s or even 5000s. My opinion is to size them down, but hey who gives a fuck what a noob thinks.

i decided to soak them.

i figure i should at least see how much they shrink before i decide whether to size down.

I'll post more pics tomorrow.

thanks for all the input.

your going to/did hot wash them too right? samurais usually get more shrinking done with a wash and not just a soak.

they're mostly dry after a hot soak, no wash.

and they actually fit quite a bit better.

I'll post some more fit pics tomorrow once they're totally dry and if i still want some more shrinkage i'll wash them.

When you say wash vs soak.

Do you just mean the wash cycle or does using detergent actually make the difference?

I'm a little confused why a wash will do more than just a soak.

wash without soap, just water hottest water setting.

washing will agitate the cotton and with samurais you will get some more shrinking. just look through this thread. its been said countless times and from my own experience its true.

do what you want and if your happy with the fit now, then dont wash them, but if you ever decide to wash them, dont be surprised if theres a lot more shrinking that you didnt account for.

i have some black 5010's that were fitting great... but i've lost 18 lbs so now everything is so loose in my thigh... i've decided to size down in the 710's because i think i'll lose more weight and if i'm spending this much on a pair of jeans then i want a great fit.