Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

reading the blueingreen site about the 710s

Note: These measure smaller than the posted waist measurements as some

of the heavier weight models have had this issue recently.

For example size 30 measures 30" pre-wash and will shrink to 28" with washing so please keep this in mind when placing your order

should i size up on my regular size or stick with my regular one??...thanks in advance

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returned my USA's as of Friday...those shits were mega tight in the thighs and seat pre-soak. Just wasn't in love enough to wanna stick out the day or three of damp discomfort. Plus I am too in love with my 0500's and the idea of using the store credit for another Samurai sweatshirt (done) and the 5000vx's when they come in.

Yeah I'm going back in time with the trends...

Some help with sizing please,

I'm looking to buy some 710's but i'm unsure whether to get a size 30 or 31 for the lot 10. I'm 5,11 about 140 pounds. Measured waist size is 30. If i get 30, and soak them, won't they be about 28? and the 31 will shrink down to 29? But they also stretch out considerably. I fear the 31 might be too loose in the leg and the 30 too tight..... I wear 30 in levis and 29 in nudie.

Suggestions, comments are appreciated...thanks

^^ any fit pics after the warm wash b/c that's another pair of sammies i am interested in

I can get you fit pics later, but I did some measurements. These shrunk to WAY below expected size with a warm wash, hang dry. I'm guessing that a hot wash will shrink them more.

Size 36:

Waist: 17"(34)

Thigh: BiG:13,SE:12

Knee: 9/9.25

I'm guessing that they'll lose a bit more, but they're already just fitting, so . . . I think I'll wait. Good thing I've lost 20 pounds since I ordered them, or I'd be in trouble.

Some help with sizing please,

I'm looking to buy some 710's but i'm unsure whether to get a size 30 or 31 for the lot 10. I'm 5,11 about 140 pounds. Measured waist size is 30. If i get 30, and soak them, won't they be about 28? and the 31 will shrink down to 29? But they also stretch out considerably. I fear the 31 might be too loose in the leg and the 30 too tight..... I wear 30 in levis and 29 in nudie.

Suggestions, comments are appreciated...thanks

i say get 30. my waist measure 32 and my 710s are tagged w32 and fit like a dream

I can get you fit pics later, but I did some measurements. These shrunk to WAY below expected size with a warm wash, hang dry. I'm guessing that a hot wash will shrink them more.

Size 36:

Thigh: BiG:12,SE:11.5

I'm guessing that they'll lose a bit more, but they're already just fitting, so . . . I think I'll wait. Good thing I've lost 20 pounds since I ordered them, or I'd be in trouble.

yo what the hell? a 11.5" on a jean with a 34" waist? that is some seriously fucked up cut it sounds like

yo what the hell? a 11.5" on a jean with a 34" waist? that is some seriously fucked up cut it sounds like

Remeasured because . . . yeah, that was wonky. 13" BiG style, 12" SE style, original post fixed. Dunno, musta been a fold in the fabric or something. But, the knee and waist measurements were right. My USAs shrank down well below tagged though.

Size 36:

Thigh: BiG:13,SE:12

wow it shrunk that much..how long did u warm soak them for...and do you know the hem opening size??

damn all this shrinking so much is making me unsure on what to get on theise USAs

wow it shrunk that much..how long did u warm soak them for...and do you know the hem opening size??

damn all this shrinking so much is making me unsure on what to get on theise USAs

Was a warm wash, not a soak. Tossed in the washing machine with my cyclist jeans and some detergent, hang dry most of the way then tumbled the last bit the next morning (sick of them hanging up). Leg opening is right at/under 9" (maybe 8.9, but basically 9"). Mine were hemmed a few inches though.

Noob question.

What would I get if I wanted a straight cut pair of sammies?

How are the 0710s? Are they tapered?

I'm starting to hate my flathead F310 cut.

Something slightly more relaxed would be nice

710's are fairly slim. i'd say pretty similar to the F310.

check out either s5000VX or s0500XX

the 5000 is straight leg while the 0500 has a bit more taper in it i believe.