Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, ive got a questions about S5000Bk,

Im a newb to samuriai denim, ive read about 80% of this thread, ive probably seen the answer already but just by passed it but, How much would a size 32 strech out to after the first hot soak?

Thanks

Hey guys, ive got a questions about S5000Bk,

Im a newb to samuriai denim, ive read about 80% of this thread, ive probably seen the answer already but just by passed it but, How much would a size 32 strech out to after the first hot soak?

Thanks

The bks are the VX/Zero denim, which is known to have a lot of stretch. The SuFu advice is to size down two on it, which for us "normies" means still size down at least one.

from what i've read, they will continue to shrink with the next few washes, and eventually stretch an inch, maybe two, after a good amount of wear

So you are saying they will strech about one inch...?

The bks are the VX/Zero denim, which is known to have a lot of stretch. The SuFu advice is to size down two on it, which for us "normies" means still size down at least one.

And you are saying that they will stretch alot...?

Your replies kind of go in different directions...

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

Ok, a couple more questions.

Whats the fit on the S5000bk? Ive seen it being worn skinny and straight.

Ive worn a size 32 in APC NS, i probably could have gone with a 31, maybe 30 (might be pushing it) should i get the 30 or 32 in these?

thanks again.

samurai 1oth year anniversarry next year i wonder what they will do with theyre lineup without the arcs and tabs.. oh sad...

what do you mean without the arcs and tabs? for all of them?:eek:

i want to get a pair of these in JP but i'm not sure what size to get. i checked out a site that sells these and it says a size 29 inch waist shrinks down to a size 27.5 in. after wash, is this true?.. if so, i wonder if they will stretch out to a true size 29 waist eventually.

i'm a true size 29, help will be much appreciated.

sorry for the newb question.

Well folks...in celebration of the completion of your Samurai contest...I went out to BIG and got me some 0500's. Very lovely jeans as we all know by now. I had to get them in a 31 (I was aiming for my true waist of 32...at least in most fits...but alas they were sold out of that size first).

After a 2 hour hot soak, 30 min air dry, and 30 min spin in the dryer on high.........my balls are yelling at all of you until the damn waistline stretches an inch or two.

Have a nad-crunchingly nice day.

Well folks...in celebration of the completion of your Samurai contest...I went out to BIG and got me some 0500's. Very lovely jeans as we all know by now. I had to get them in a 31 (I was aiming for my true waist of 32...at least in most fits...but alas they were sold out of that size first).

After a 2 hour hot soak, 30 min air dry, and 30 min spin in the dryer on high.........my balls are yelling at all of you until the damn waistline stretches an inch or two.

Have a nad-crunchingly nice day.

Good times. They'll fit perfectly in a few days...

Oh I'm sure of that...it's not THAT bad in terms of pain right now. Just tight around the waist...can't wait for these to stretch (in the waist).

It was crazy how soft these got from the run in the dryer...made them feel 10 times lighter in weight and def. less lethal as a blunt object (still have a rough texture though).

Oh I'm sure of that...it's not THAT bad in terms of pain right now. Just tight around the waist...can't wait for these to stretch (in the waist).

It was crazy how soft these got from the run in the dryer...made them feel 10 times lighter in weight and def. less lethal as a blunt object (still have a rough texture though).

Definitely. I'd say the slubbiness adds to the softness too

yeah it's old news to SuFu contestants...but the cut and Texas cotton combo makes them an easy first choice for me (although all of the Samurai denim is pretty fuckin' amazing)...

I still have my eyes on some Jins or 5000vx's...for a bit of a different fit than I usually have. The Jin denim is just pretty.

gimme, those jins look great--far better than i was expecting. its making me rethink my next purchase--i was so close to pulling the trigger and joining you all on the USA voyage, but i have to tighten up my finances over the next few months.

by the way hebay, i love the 500s so much that i'm breaking in two pairs--one looser (by sufu standards) with stacking, the other tighter and hemmed. its a beautiful cut, and with the texas cotton--come on, its a magical pair of pants.

So you are saying they will strech about one inch...?

And you are saying that they will stretch alot...?

Your replies kind of go in different directions...

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

Ok, a couple more questions.

Whats the fit on the S5000bk? Ive seen it being worn skinny and straight.

Ive worn a size 32 in APC NS, i probably could have gone with a 31, maybe 30 (might be pushing it) should i get the 30 or 32 in these?

thanks again.

help, please...

Granted they will stretch a lot...(s5000's or the vx denim in general is known to stretch a lot)...so definitely size down...I'd say a 31 is good for you.

(ive heard that if you have some trouble buttoning the top button PRE soak, you're good)

If you wanna go SuFu tight...get 30...but you might not make it...lol.