Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

3000s are a much looser silhouette, the 3000VX/7000VX silhouette. Look back a page or two to see what the cut looks like on dino.

ok word... that's all I really wanted to know was the fit difference, -thanks.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, im very interested in buying a pair of samurai jeans but can't decide which one. i found two that caught my eye. im similar in size to the model and like the fit (not to slim and not to baggy). do these stretch as i dont want the waist to stretch bigger then 30, so should i size down 1? all advice is welcome.

SO500VX

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bas-clothing/so500xx/

S5000VX

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bas-clothing/s5000vx/

thanks.

I would suggest the 5000 for a not too slim, but nice, fit. Other people will weigh in on how much to size down the VX denim. If you read back through the thread, many people have reported about how much this denim stretches (it is very stretchy). Alternately, you can get the 5000 cut in a different denim in the USA model, should stretch less.

I would suggest the 5000 for a not too slim, but nice, fit. Other people will weigh in on how much to size down the VX denim. If you read back through the thread, many people have reported about how much this denim stretches (it is very stretchy). Alternately, you can get the 5000 cut in a different denim in the USA model, should stretch less.

I'm real happy sizing down 1 on my 5000vx, but lots of people recommend sizing down 2. If you want a real slim fit, size down and just deal with it for a couple weeks until it's stretched out. But sizing down 1 on the vx is real comfy, though I do need a belt now.

The 510's are the reeeeaaal baggy joints right? They come in 15 and 19 oz.?
Nah, they're not that baggy. It's 0500s < 5000s < Jins < 510s < 3000/7000 < 310s. Dunno about some of the discontinued limited cuts.

510s come in 15 oz texas, 17 oz vx (from 2nd), 19 oz, 21 oz, and a 17oz natural indigo iirc.

(im pretty positive theres also a 15oz xx denim version of the 510 in addition to the 15oz texas version)

seriously though, going by size, 510s are slimmer than 5000s in my experience. but i am beginning to entertain the possibility that at least maybe the 21oz versions like i have are a bit slimmer, or sized a little differently from the other weights, that or the sufu zeitgeist could have just completely taken over most peoples opinions... but my 510s dont seem baggy at all, they just barely count as "relaxed" in my eyes... the cut, both laid flat and worn looks just like mid 20th century 501s to me, i just wish someone would fucking agree with or verify my thoughts for some peice of mind.

whatever the case, sized right, in my opinion, theyre a classic, straight-leg, stove-pipe, mid/high rise, manly pair of denims

hi, im very interested in buying a pair of samurai jeans but can't decide which one. i found two that caught my eye. im similar in size to the model and like the fit (not to slim and not to baggy). do these stretch as i dont want the waist to stretch bigger then 30, so should i size down 1? all advice is welcome.

SO500VX

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bas-clothing/so500xx/

S5000VX

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bas-clothing/s5000vx/

thanks.

EDIT

S0500XX

or

S5000VX

You can size down 1 on both cuts...but be prepared for pain...2 weeks into the wear you should be fine..

BTW - go for the S0500XX - great fading patterns :D

Ha wow..I have no excuse for that one.

Do you guys know which rakuten store to get the 15oz texas version from? and the 21 oz?

If you're in the US, I would just get from BiG, there's not much savings at all to be had through rakuten. If you're not in the US, or determined to Proxy through Rakuten, try 2nd.

Is there a reason why samurai is a bit more expensive than a lot of the other jap denim brands? Eternal, pbj, skull and a ton of other companies offer denim at lower pricepoints.

Is the quality better? natural indigo?

i always thought

apc < most japanese denim (eternal, samurai, pbj, etc) < 45rpm, higher end japanese denim

Yea Gordon just emailed me and said the USA's are coming in right before Christmas, so whoever is getting them as gifts or just want them soon, they're coming!

I've sort of lost my excitement for them...maybe when they arrive it'll come back. For now, I'm just "meh" whether they come sooner or later.

I've sort of lost my excitement for them...maybe when they arrive it'll come back. For now, I'm just "meh" whether they come sooner or later.

same here, these damn 660's have taken all of my attention away from everything else.

the USA babys will blow everybodys minds when they arrive.. deadstock 505 denim, blue red and white selvedge, cinchback and customized BIG leather patch.. futurians will be all over that shit..

If you're in the US, I would just get from BiG, there's not much savings at all to be had through rakuten. If you're not in the US, or determined to Proxy through Rakuten, try 2nd.

as much as i normally would agree with thee, i think i saved quite a bit going through parachutes, i think the total cost of shipping and jeans and all for my 7000s was around 320, and as much as i do love BiG, the 7000s alone are around 320 i think from them, my prices could be off a tad, im just going by memory

Is there a reason why samurai is a bit more expensive than a lot of the other jap denim brands? Eternal, pbj, skull and a ton of other companies offer denim at lower pricepoints.

Is the quality better? natural indigo?

i always thought

apc < most japanese denim (eternal, samurai, pbj, etc) < 45rpm, higher end japanese denim

i think some of the reason for the price difference in samurai is the heavier weight. other companies make heavier jeans, but when 15 oz is pretty much as low as you go i think the price might start going up. that and little details like all the different color selvege and different patches from model to model i guess? just a guess. i dont have much experience w/ 45rpm and all, but im not sure why theyd be considered any better quality than samurai and alike, but im just not all that impressed personally by some i guess, plus im pretty partial to samurai..