Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got my s0500s in forgot how nice the denim is!glad i didnt size down 2 as i would have had a nightmare gettin in them maybe my waist is little bigger than i thought lol just wearing from damp after a 2hr hot soak this morning looking forward to them falling in to shape soon.

sorry for another sizing question, but ive browsed the thread and im still slightly unsure. i wanna get a pair of 710s. i fit

a 29 in jr hobokens

a 28/29 in nudies

a 27/28 in diors (27s with some pain at the beginning but look way better)

i could button a 27 in new cures easily so i guess a 26 in those

so, basically in most jeans what equates to a size 29.

what size should i go for in 710s? i was thinking the 28, but i dont wanna have too much trouble stretching them out, since people said they dont stretch as much as eg the 5000vx.

also, how doyou handle the rise on samurais, is it really that high (it looks huge on pictures)? i normally wear lowwaisted jeans, im not really used to high waists.

thanks,

orange

sorry for another sizing question, but ive browsed the thread and im still slightly unsure. i wanna get a pair of 710s. i fit

a 29 in jr hobokens

a 28/29 in nudies

a 27/28 in diors (27s with some pain at the beginning but look way better)

i could button a 27 in new cures easily so i guess a 26 in those

so, basically in most jeans what equates to a size 29.

what size should i go for in 710s? i was thinking the 28, but i dont wanna have too much trouble stretching them out, since people said they dont stretch as much as eg the 5000vx.

also, how doyou handle the rise on samurais, is it really that high (it looks huge on pictures)? i normally wear lowwaisted jeans, im not really used to high waists.

thanks,

orange

Get a 28,

I didnt mind the higher waist. I think youll be surprised as to how fast it grows on you. You'll like it quick.

Nope. Wish they did because I'd buy some. I'm considering some Studio SD-103's because they still have the arcs.

arcs are black on 710 and you wont see it at all for the first 3-4 months unless you put some serious bum to couch rubbage on those. The tabs... ok gud point but....

Why would you let that from detracting you from buying such nice denim?

Im thinking of buying the s710xx since they restocked in my size at 2nd but I was wondering if they will still have the arcs and tab on it. Does anyone know?

I think Toshiko said that everything being produced before 2008, except for stuff going to the US, will still have arcs. If 2nd has pictures of arcs, they probably have arcs.

I think Toshiko said that everything being produced before 2008, except for stuff going to the US, will still have arcs. If 2nd has pictures of arcs, they probably have arcs.

i'm inclined to think this is right, although the 2nd pictures were just stock samurai photos; they didn't have anything of their own up.

710s it is. i thought it would be about the same amount to order them from big as via a proxy. with 50$ shipping to europe / germany, a proxy might be cheaper. can anyone confirm this?

Proxy wil be cheaper.

BiG: $285 + $43 shipping = 328.

Proxy: about $220 + 10-12% (22-27) + $40 shipping = 282-287.

At least, that's if my calculations are right. BiG makes some sense for convenience reasons in the US. Not in Europe. BiG will wash and chainstitch for free though, so that may make it worthwhile.

arcs are black on 710 and you wont see it at all for the first 3-4 months unless you put some serious bum to couch rubbage on those. The tabs... ok gud point but....

Why would you let that from detracting you from buying such nice denim?

O it's not stopping me from buying Sammies at all. I already have Japanese denim without the arcs and quality of the denim and construction comes first to me. I just want a pair that has arcs on them right now that's all.

And I may be wrong but I believe that companies can't use both tabs and arcs resembling Levi's but they can use one or the other. Is this correct?