Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

post hot wash pics

the wash really helped! thanks for the advice everyone. the fit is way better now!

1005947ii7.jpg1005949xt9.jpg

cropped my upperbody off of the side view cause i got caught in a weird position, but i wanted to post that one because it shows just how form fitting they are now. really looking forward to wearing these in! :)

the difference between a hot soak and a hot wash are night and day. they look exactly how they should look with a hot wash, which is much better than a hot soak. people get so fucking scared as if they're going to upset the fading gods if they hot wash insted of hot soak. great fit. you BY FAR will have the nicest pair of jeans in providence.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? No hot wash? Well, if you've done repeated hot soaks, you're probably pretty close...I wouldn't worry about it. Are you still not happy with the fit? You find the legs too wide?

Yeah I've finally gotten pictures to show. The legs I feel, are too wide for me.

Apologies for the low quality pictures, it's the best I could do.

f_Photo0005m_5f2e712.jpg

f_Photo0006m_8f29ddf.jpg

f_Photo0007m_3f56449.jpg

your right they look too big from the knee down. already tried the soak?

Yeah I've finally gotten pictures to show. The legs I feel, are too wide for me.

Apologies for the low quality pictures, it's the best I could do.

f_Photo0006m_8f29ddf.jpg

the difference between a hot soak and a hot wash are night and day. they look exactly how they should look with a hot wash, which is much better than a hot soak. people get so fucking scared as if they're going to upset the fading gods if they hot wash insted of hot soak. great fit. you BY FAR will have the nicest pair of jeans in providence.

boiling hot soak + machine dry will also do the trick of getting almost all the shrinkage out the way. i think that is how BIG does their OXS service. but i still prefer hot wash + air dry. putting a pair of samurais in the drying machine really softens up the denim and eliminates a lot of the slubbiness.

On the subject of washing/shrinkage, I had a quick question that I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with.

I received my S710's from BIG today. They’d been put through the OXS one-wash service and the waist had shrunk down to its true tagged size (29). However, the inseam obviously hadn’t got down to 36 (Gordon said that it might not), as the jeans had been hemmed with about 1.5 inches more length than I’d requested (which I’m presuming is to allow for further shrinkage).

I was just wondering whether anyone with these jeans knew how many washes it should take for the inseam to fully shrink, as at present the stacking is a bit more than I would like...

Hi,

BiG doesn't seem to have my size in the S0500XX or S5000VX, so I was thinking about getting the S710XX.

What do you guys think about this jean? I'm looking for a slimish straight fit, with some rockin' denim. Should I hit the button, or wait for the 0500 or 5000s?

-Adam

Hi,

BiG doesn't seem to have my size in the S0500XX or S5000VX, so I was thinking about getting the S710XX.

What do you guys think about this jean? I'm looking for a slimish straight fit, with some rockin' denim. Should I hit the button, or wait for the 0500 or 5000s?

-Adam

i like the denim on the s0500 more. and the cut is more versitile.

You have to go with the 710. It has the cut of the old SO505s, which is the slimmest cut, but they beefed up on the denim. Go with the same size you would get on the other Samurais.

so I got these and soaked etc was wondering if anyone thinks I should get them hemmed or if they arent that bad. these are the ones that were standing up by themselves the other day in the evolution thread. They only shrank to like 37 or 37.2ish. and no I dont care about my identity its just now that my dad is looking for work I thought it would be good to have his picture up places. thanks

karl.jpg