• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should the infamous so500xx cut really see another contest >
yes pls like what they did in 2nd store

21oz s0500cut

this ain't my playground - but 17oz lht would be better

19oz, Zimbabwe cotton, lht, leather patch, copper buttons and rivets, black selvage.oh, and s5000vx cut. boo for s0500.

calm down guys...we haven't decided on a cut right now and your are talking 'bout money...

first: the cut will be decided and then the denim, which will be LHT.

If they produce any other LHT with different oz and maybe taxas cotton apart from their standaard LHT, we do not know.

and about different cuts in one contest with the same denim: as I said often enough, we just could have taken all the four Jins cut and nearly anybody would have been happy.

but for now we check the possibility of customization our "own" pair

sorry guys doesnt want to be a party pooper but i think we should let this jeans contest phenomena cool down a little bit...

if we have new contest every now and then , contest just does not have its appeal anymore. what we are doing right now is like running a freaking denim sprint.

contest..tour..what happened to just wearing jeans for our own satisfaction?

no hate i love contests too but not every so often....

Contests are nice because you can get a jean for cheaper than normal retail, it's a more exclusive product and there are prizes.

If you are not interested in a contest then don't participate.

My vote would be for the 710 cut, but that's just because with my build, the full cuts just look really amorphous and goofy. 0500 as a back-up would be okay, but I would much prefer the 710 with LHT

Appreciate the input everyone...asking Gordon more detailed questions about customization and pricing right now...

LC_Miey, I agree with you on many of your points but as soonami said, this is an opportunity to create our own product with our own specs and at a lower price point, provided we have enough participants. Of course, you are always free to join us as well whichever way you decide :)

why are people hating on the contest(s)? let people do as they may. if the contest-thing doesn't do it for you then don't participate. But why on earth are you advising other people not to hold their own contest??

Brands making products for specific niche markets, i.e. a contest, seems to be what this board is about. You do realize no matter how many folks there are here, we are the minority in the fashion world.

Second, why the love for a cinch back? is it vintage appeal or do you guys like the functionality of the cinch back?

PEACE

I would totally dig a cinch-back because of it's vintage look, possible functionality, and the interesting fades.

Really it's just another really cool vintage detail like selvage coin pockets or crotch rivet that doesn't really make the jeans any better functionally, but it's just something else to look at before I put the jeans on every morning

So... has it been decided that we're only going to be doing one cut?

Also, I think that the cinchback would be a great detail on a straighter legged jean, but I don't how it work out on a modern cut jean like the 710 (although I think the rise is adequate for it).

Aho, not that I need to ask, but definitely post updates on what Gordon is saying.

How much of a new cut can you really get adapted between cuts like 0500 and 5000...? I don't see the problem with having 0500's since they're gonna be LHT and have other unique details. Cut really shouldn't be what everyone's worried about, as long as we get a cut that can be worn by a good array of people, we should focus on customizing these.

That being said.. LHT / 17oz / Black Selvage / Nickel hardware / Stealth Lee Wave stitching / some nice pocketbags?

I like the idea of blue and green selvage and a crotch rivet. Or maybe we could do a blue and green pocket bags instead. I do think we should focus a lot on the custom details to but I really think cut is much more important.

When does the poll end? What's after the cut? What kind of back pocket stitching are we deciding on? Like the jins arcs or like a lee wave?

How much of a new cut can you really get adapted between cuts like 0500 and 5000...? I don't see the problem with having 0500's since they're gonna be LHT and have other unique details. Cut really shouldn't be what everyone's worried about, as long as we get a cut that can be worn by a good array of people, we should focus on customizing these.

That being said.. LHT / 17oz / Black Selvage / Nickel hardware / Stealth Lee Wave stitching / some nice pocketbags?

this sounds nice.

if they are LHT i say we keep a Lee "theme" and go with waves. oh and nice big X bartacks.

@cinchback folks - i just haven't used a functional cinch back. i can see the vintage appeal tho.

PEACE

edit: is there going to be a runoff?

Adapting a new cut would probably cost so much more...we're better off with sticking to one IMO but I don't think people would be satisfied with either a 710 or a S0500....Give it a little bit more time and I'll settle everything down, don't want this thread to turn TOO much into a mess lol...

As far as arcs, not so much out of the picture yet, as mentioned before...

there shouldnt be a problem with using their samurai arcs right (lee inspired)?

i think hidden arcs just look tacky.. thats just me though, i just love how caspers jeans faded and im sure i wouldnt have liked em so much if they had hidden arcs. i wont join if thats the case... or i could take em out.

but.. NO HIDDEN ARCS PLEASE!

i think hidden arcs just look tacky.. thats just me though, i just love how caspers jeans faded and im sure i wouldnt have liked em so much if they had hidden arcs. i wont join if thats the case... or i could take em out.

I agree, if you have the opportunity to have some pocket stitching why not take it as long as it looks good (and imo Samurai's Lee style wave is one of the best interpretations of that design). Eventually when the stitching falls off you're usually left with some fading along the stitched areas anyway.

I know i'm like 20 pages too late on this, but why not stick with one of the new jp cuts with lht? those have lee - inspired details... i'm thinking some kind of combo of the jin series and the new jp series. i like the pockets on the new jps better than the jins but i think the rivets and the exposed selvedge are cheesy. anyway, i think that would be my ideal...

This thread has gotten sloppy...I blame my indecisiveness...The XJ and JP lines are all very nice but I figured the idea was to use a popular mainline cut with LHT denim...something to take inspiration from, IMO, but then we might as well settle with an XJ or JP contest (which has actually been suggested on here a few times)....

If I could take it all back, and start a new poll, I'd like to add a Sugarcane Type II cut with 50/50 blend denim...I got inspired when mr. invincible mentioned theres been no sugarcane contest before in the sugarcane thread...Sugarcane seems very willing to come up with custom pairs (ie: Self Edge collabs) but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a BiG exclusive custom pair if we were to go this route if that would matter to anyone...

In fact, I'd like to clean up the poll...mods, is this possible? We could clean out the less popular votes, and finally settle the S0500 vs. 710...

I'm thinking for new poll options:

-LHT S0500

-LHT 710

-LHT SD-103

-Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend

-no more contests please