• LHT 710
    • LHT SD-103
    • Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend
    • No more contests please!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got some detailed messages from Gordon and wanted to let you guys know whats up as far as restrictions, etc.

Basically, as far as customization all we can really mess with is the denim, cut, trimmings (rivets, buttons, etc.) and a custom patch. Keep in mind that denim companies are basically at the will of the actual mills for pricing so most brands would want at least 100 orders if we were to customize. This translates to about 35-50 participants minimum for a pair that isn't a completely new cut built from the ground up (for example, the SExSFxS09) in order to make this worthwhile for all. We could possibly do a contest with less customization for a lower price but for now lets aim for as many participants. This will be the tricky part as from experience, a TON of people dropped out of the FC contest when it finally came and ideally we don't want that....lol

As far as getting a lower price, Gordon mentioned that they have actually been taking a hit with Samurai (weak dollar to yen, Samurai raising production costs, etc.) as they don't want them to cost above $300...this means that we will probably be paying about the average price of pairs for Samurai's now, which I don't really have a problem with.

If anyone had any other ideas for other brands just let me know and I'll run them by Gordon. I'll look into the possibilities for SDA as well but I think we should keep this LHT.

And finally, Gordon doesn't have a problem with running multiple contests...so we're all in the clear there! For now, lets focus on that magic number of participants and keep shooting off your ideas! 8)

Has anybody mentioned left hand twill made with texas cotton?

And by the way, a cinchback can be cut off.

Arcs are over rated. A nice plain back pocket would be nice.

I am interested.

I think the main focus should be on the cut then worry about the other small details. The main make or break for a lot of people I feel is the cut. So we should try to figure that out and set that in stone or close to it.

Also brand would be a good thing to decide bc it'll be easier to use examples of the cuts they already offer.

Figuring out when it's gunna take place and a price too. Average price for Sams is definitly okay by me I was expecting over 300.

Since PBJ just came out with the LHT 011 maybe we can consider PBJ. Be a cool idea since no one really knows how they fade and stuff.

I'm 99% in mainly just waiting to see the cut. The other stuff doesn't really matter to much to me just wanna make sure they're gunna fit and I'll enjoy wearing them. The more customized and unique they end up the better in my eyes.

Appreciate the comments and thoughts so far everyone! I'm looking at a mid-2010 release date but am really aiming for June-ish...of course, the earlier we decide/gather up, the earlier we can order ;)

Gordon's thoughts on SDA (bolded for my emphasis): "SDA would be fine....they do a few LHT models (a Lee style LHT, a flagship 14.5oz LHT, a grey weft LHT, and a new 23oz LHT). A Lee style LHT denim with Levi 5 pocket detailing and Lee rivets, buttons, and patch could be cool. And I think if you want a greater chance for customizing then you might want to keep it at one style and find a cut that fit’s to the masses."

Gordon's suggestion for SDA is along the lines of what I originally thought of for the Samurai idea...Lee style LHT denim, rivets, buttons and patch, with Levi's style 5 pockets. Another thing to keep in mind is that Samurai will be phasing out the whole arc deal after this year...how cool would it be for our pair to be the last run with arcs, EVER? ;)

For cuts, it seems a few of you might be tired of the whole Levi's inspired cuts and wanted some variety...but think about it, how bout a classic Samurai cut (like the S5000VX or S0500XX which could account for different taste in cut...just size up or down accordingly) with some crazy LHT denim? Sounds good to me...

Keep 'em coming everyone!

...but think about it, how bout a classic Samurai cut (like the S5000VX or S0500XX which could account for different taste in cut...just size up or down accordingly) with some crazy LHT denim? Sounds good to me...!

...i'd be good with these cuts...

What do people think of the SDA D1404 on BiG's website (minus the pigs on the ass of course)? Looks a bit low in the rise department, but wouldn't be a bad starting point for a Leepro contest. Get 'em to put an extra inch/inch and half rise in there, and then add in some of the various details we're looking for.

If we're talking Samurai I'd prefer their Lee style wave pocket stitching over any arcs at all (hidden or not).

And I'm kind of up in the air on SDA's LHT. I haven't seen enough of it to be convinced it's better looking than Samurais (which reminds me almost of a crosshatch pattern when it fades, totally unlike the vertical fading you see on most denim). As far as brand popularity goes, I don't really care. I'm more concerned with the denim/cut/style choices.

I'll add a poll in a bit for cuts...any more suggestions to add to this list? I know I'd love to have a "bastard child" mix of Lee details on a Levi's inspired cut...

Samurai:

S5000VX

S0500

S0110XJ

SDA:

SD-101

SD-102

SD-103

D1404

curious g, aesthetically, I do actually prefer the Lee style wave as well, especially in a sexy black

I'll add a poll in a bit for cuts...any more suggestions to add to this list? I know I'd love to have a "bastard child" mix of Lee details on a Levi's inspired cut...

Samurai:

S5000VX

S0500

S0110XJ

SDA:

SD-101

SD-102

SD-103

D1404

curious g, aesthetically, I do actually prefer the Lee style wave as well, especially in a sexy black

That gets my vote out of those choices. I think the Lee Style wave would be a good idea over the classic arcs. Hidden would be cool bc thats never been done but stitched is just as cool too.

Throwing S0130XJ and S0140XJ out as potential options for those that might want a fuller, higher rise, vintage cut. I think it'd be cool if like the Fullcount contest there was an option for more than the standard mid-rise slim/straight cut. But maybe I'm biased since I've already owned and sold both 110xjs and S0500s due partly to issues with the rise (and I think one pair as cinchback option would be cool).

I think levi's cut with lee details sounds great. I think that a slightly altered 0500 or 5000 cut would be perfect because they can be worn in so many different ways and fit well on almost everybody. I feel like a good bunch of people would like to use the 510, but that choice would alienate whoever waned to wear a semi-slim, more fitted jean. It would be great if we could do both the 510 and the 0500 as identical jeans in every way except cut. Maybe swap around some of the details that may seem strange in on one style, but great on the other. Texas Cotton LHT sounds fantastic... Cinchback would be cool but I don't know if it would be suitable on a relatively slim cut (0500)... I would prefer stitched arcs over hidden. Hidden arcs are substitute for stitched because stitched could not be used, why not just go with stitched if we have the option to do so? But, cut is definitely more important that cut to start off with, so we should decide that then work out the more specific details (besides general stylistic stuff).

if we somehow pulled off 0500s with LHT, i would be in no doubt. lee style back pockets would even be cool, so long as they're not spread way out on the hips like real lees...

arcs>no arcs>hidden arcs. hidden arcs are a gimmick.

if it's gonna be one cut, we gotta do something like the 0500s, because they lend themselves well to up or down sizing. you are guaranteed to lose half the interested people if you go with a slim or baggy cut. i actually think the 710s are way more versatile than they're given credit, but whatever. i'm not into cinches at all, but they def can be cut off - so long as there's not a super big yoke...

things are starting to get interesting.

I 100% back the option for a 710 cut over all the other cuts mentioned so far. Also definitely would prefer a button fly over zip and big pockets. Nothing crazy oversized like imperial pockets.

Poll added! Left out a few cuts from the SDA option but if there's more demand we can change that...

But it's looking more and more like Samurai is the way to go. I know you are all excited about the possibility of LHT Texas Cotton, and according to Gordon this is something Samurai would maybe consider if they were to use this same denim for their mainline. So we're pretty much 50/50 on that but hopefully Gordon can work his magic...

My personal choice is the 0500...most versatile in terms of fit and it seems you all for the most part agree! It's also a nice homage to the first Samurai contest...

And finally, if we went with a 5 pocket jean, Gordon says arcs are possible for request...although this doesn't seem like the most popular idea lol

Kind of late to this, it would be dope if we could do the sda sp005. I imagine Gordon could special order them. Not sure if anyone mentioned these yet but no harm throwing it out there.

Here are my SDA SP-005, these are the 23oz Lee/Levis LHT/RHT Dungarees.

15i20yt.jpg

4lslr5.jpg

2dqj8zk.jpg

25qb4gh.jpg

jr4axl.jpg

2lo3wg5.jpg

2gxmou1.jpg

2m63808.jpg

Super Thick!