What Cut?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What Cut?

• LHT S0500
    • LHT 710
    • LHT SD-103
    • Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend
    • No more contests please!

No 710 please! The 0500 is the perfect cut for a contest, it works for all different people. Maybe something that will work even better is two variations of the 0500, one with a more extreme taper, maybe .25 less in the hem, and one that is .25 more in hem. Then you have a slim, fitted jean with a smaller leg opening, and the average mid-high rise slim-ish straight jean. You wouldn't have to worry about different applications of details and stuff if you keep essentially the same silhouette.

This sounds perfect. Let's get this thing going.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also against the idea of a 710. It seems that a lot of interested people want a more fuller cut, and every new contest seems to go against the idea of a slim fit cut.

It seems every contest there is a vocal group who want a full cut jean, and yet, look what ended up happening with the Fullcount contest. A full cut contest, even if there seems to be a lot of support for it in the discussion leading up to it, just doesn't get enough actual orders when the majority of this website prefers a slimmer cut.

If you want proof look at BiG's 0105C page versus 1108C---almost every size is still available in the 0105C.

Thanks for the votes everyone...still waiting out for more, so until we get to a certain point, we'll worry about hardware/detailing later...

Looking at a possible mid 2010 release if we can get this thing going by the end of the month! Of course this all depends on Samurai.

But as beautiful_FrEaK said, lets just worry about the cut for now!

huh? 0500s again? That was pretty much one of sufu's first contests, played out between Nov. 1, 2006 - Nov. 1, 2007.

2 years later you guys want to do it again? Choose a different jean.

It seems every contest there is a vocal group who want a full cut jean, and yet, look what ended up happening with the Fullcount contest. A full cut contest, even if there seems to be a lot of support for it in the discussion leading up to it, just doesn't get enough actual orders when the majority of this website prefers a slimmer cut.

If you want proof look at BiG's 0105C page versus 1108C---almost every size is still available in the 0105C.

I don't know why the 0105C didn't sell, but the LVC contest seems pretty evenly distributed between the slimmer 47 and 67 cuts and looser stuff like the 33 and 37s. While I don't think a full cut contest has enough draw on it's own, I think the last few contests have done it right by offering contestants the choice between a slimmer and fuller cut. At least there's some variety then. The prospect of another slim fit contest sounds boring as shit to me (and I have nothing against slim fits, I'm more than stocked up on slim jeans already).

Can we take the 710 off the poll? It sounds like we're really trying to make it so that anyone who wants can participate, so shouldn't that cut have been ruled out in the first place?

Personally I'd love a pair of slim samurais but it'd be more productive if those 710 votes went elsewhere so we could figure out what we're ACTUALLY doing

Guest sneekylyric078

I'd be down if this contest should happen s0500 seems to be the choice of many. Personally I've been looking to get a pair of LHT Denim and a pair of Samurai's, kill two birds with one stone.

The prospect of another slim fit contest sounds boring as shit to me (and I have nothing against slim fits, I'm more than stocked up on slim jeans already).

like the fullcount , warehouse, and self edge x dry bones x superfuture contests, all of which are ranging from straight to a fuller fit? if anything i feel like there have been fewer slim fit contests as of late..

Right now it's between the 710,0500, and 5000 we can always just do a top four poll after this and the most votes wins. Maybe other people will end up re-voting and choosing something else. I don't think anyone should be elimanated obviously be are okay with it if it's in the top 3 you know. Plus no ones asking to elimanate a fuller cut. It's just the style a lot of people are becoming more and more drawn to a nice well fitted slim style Jean over a fuller baggier straight cut.

How long are we letting the poll run for?

If we can get 50 to 100 people to order @ $300 a pop, then we can get/ command whatever the fuck we want! What company is going to pass that up:D

Oh and also for those that dont know Samurai **HAS A LHT LEVIS VERSION ITS CALLED THE 526 XXII and it has a cinch back** take a look.

fn6yap.jpg

wc1ow4.jpg

2zyzaxe.jpg

1zzky38.jpg

ofya1s.jpg

1z6fm8h.jpg

25071nk.jpg

Personally, I think it'd be highway robbery to charge $300+ if there are 100 contestants but hopefully this won't be the case!

I'll wait about a day or so to finalize the cut but it's looking like S0500 might be it!

pi$tol thanks for the fit pics...

Everyone, feel free to starting thinking up more ideas for patches and other details...lol samurai ed...