What Cut?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What Cut?

• LHT S0500
    • LHT 710
    • LHT SD-103
    • Sugarcane '47 Type II 50/50 blend
    • No more contests please!

Yeah yeah, I know, "Yet another contest?!", right? With all the two year contests going on and the as of now, unresolved contests (SExDBxS09, Full Count, etc.) we're all a bit overloaded with contest threads no doubt. However, in the interest of future denim pron and a great opportunity to work yet again with Samurai and BiG for something special, I present to you the idea of a Samurai LHT contest! Certainly, Samurai is no stranger to these boards or the denim scene in general but it is my opinion that their LHT line is vastly underrated/under bought.

Official word from Gordon:

"I can help to arrange something with Samurai. The number of people

participating will have some affect on the amount of customization we could do, a great number of people usually means more of a chance for this and also a potential discount, so this is something to consider.

Regards,

Gordon"

So, the point of this thread is to generate interest, ideas, and to organize our thoughts without polluting the main Samurai thread. I will continue my correspondence with Gordon, and encourage everyone else to as well.

So, why a LHT contest? From the great work of our friend casper (not the ghost, hope you don't mind):

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0771-1.jpg

IMG_0773-1.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

Pictures speak louder than words ;)

Of course, the whole LHT idea isn't set in stone, so feel free to discuss other alternatives...

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beautiful_FrEaK , as far as I knew, the Eternal contest wasn't set in stone? I only remember beatle mentioning it as a possibility but if it's already set then...ooops! I would personally be down for either...should we change this thread to a general 2010 BiG Contest thread?

If any of the mods could change the title to a general 2010 BiG contest thread I'd much appreciate it ;)

It seems Gordon is willing to work with Samurai and we haven't seen a LHT contest yet, but I'd fully support an Eternal contest as well. As much as I love Warehouse, I don't think it'd be beneficial to hold another one, as the WH denim has been showcased (and quite brilliantly at that) in the past....

EDIT: Agreeing with TallyHo, it'll be either one or the other...can't have two going at the same time...

new Warehouse is utopia I think...too many different contests, too easy to access Jap denim nowadays. the market is saturated.

So no way you'll get 200 contestants again

it's possible if sidneylo joins. where the fuck is sidneylo

or any e-celebrity for that matter.

Leepro's would be nice, as they dont get as much love as the standard levi's style repro

Yep, the Lee's seem to get pretty well ignored. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign though when it comes to having a Leepro contest.

I'm not familiar with the denim used in the Eternals, but the jeans themselves look like any other Levis pattern jean to me. Nice, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Samurai LHT is indeed awesome stuff. I'd be up for a contest if it included the 130XJ or 140XJ as an option. I used to own a pair of 110s but sold them partly because I found the rise a bit too low.

But between Samurai LHT Lee's and Eternals I'd definitely prefer the Sams. There's been enough Levi's repro contests as it is and while the Eternal denim is nice it's not really as unique as Samurai's LHT.

I personally think one Samurai contest was enough. It was an excellent contest, and just about all of the jeans turned out very definitive. I don't think a new contest would hold a candle to the one of 2006-7.